Car not boosting as it should....

blitzep82

Member +
Guys, just a bit of help needed....

mapped at 1.2 bar last november (year ago) on a dastek unichip q using a gizzmo msibc as boost controller,
....for a little while now the car is boosting at just over 1bar... ive had my td05 sent away for rebuild as i thought it could have been that, ive had my tial wastegate spring changed, ive checked all mikalor clamps and there all tight......

now im confused lol..... could it be that the boost controller needs setting up again?? im going to have a new map done as bits and pieces cahnge over a year etc etc... anyhelp much appreciated... cheers

duratec7s

Member +
have you played with the Gain adjustment on the EBC, as i know changes in weather conidtions/temp etx will affect it.....

dark_knight

Member +
environmental variables

as duratec7s says, ambient environmental changes will affect your boost levels.. have a go at that and report back.. :teach:

AdamB

Member +
How many miles you done since the remap last year? With this time of year being colder, you will see overboost, although saying that if running an external wastegate it is more controllable running this setup. So I would suspect there is a problem else where if its underboosting from 1.2 bar to 1 bar.

blitzep82

Member +
thankyou guys, its going to paul hills to be mapped at tm developments anyway, darren said hell set it up again at the same time :) but ill let you know what happens......