Car not going over 120?

Hawwy

Member +
Hi all
MY mates glanza has a plug and play ecu etc, but car not going over 120? Starts juddering like its getting held back at around 100mph.
at 120 It starts popping and just goes to about 5.5-6k revs
Why would that be am sure it should do more

Last edited by a moderator:

weeJohn

Lifer
Most of those ecus remove the top speed limiter and fuel cut, but it does sound like its one or the other. Does the check engine light come on as both these will throw up fault codes, is there any recorded codes?

weeJohn

Lifer
Is it an EP91 ecu? Just wondering if there is difference in the speed signal from the clocks to the ecu, I know its been proven the Blitz EP82 ecus can run on a EP91. It could be this or something else completely, disconnecting the speed cable at the gearbox could prove or disprove it. This will bring up the check engine light but the ecu wont know the speed.

Hawwy

Member +
What do i do buy another tps?
I have a few gr turbo map sensors are they interchangeable with glanza ones

weeJohn

Lifer
It sounds like the fuel is not getting burnt correctly alright, but your main concern is what is causing it lol.

GLANZA_UK

Fresh Recruit
It sounds like the fuel is not getting burnt correctly alright, but your main concern is what is causing it lol.

Ehh? It sounds like To me it's hitting the limiter alot early than it should. Timing issue for defo.

If it starts first time, all the time. Roter and cap are fine. It can't be fuelling issue, coz that wouldn't explain the 5,000 rpm limit.

aidan

Member +
If you have you're stock ecu throw that in and try it that will then rule out the ecu if its still not going above 5.5k in any gear

Hawwy

Member +
Okay now it pulls till redline, after cleaning plugs etc, but its still a bot juddery top end of revs, i found a o2 sensor will try that now