car temp stays in the middle , but leaking coolant

nazzurro19

Member +
right i have recently gone td04 everything went well(ish)

but the problem i now have is ... if i boot the car the bottom rad hose (closest to the engine) leaks and then obviously my overflow tank drains , n im worried about what it could be

the radiator is a dual core civic rad , and fan and it blows hot air out towards the back of the car (which is correct?)

loads of people have td04s so why am i having this problem

Rory

Lifer
Well if you have a leak then sort it. Fairly simple to figure that out.

And please dont start the usual riot of UKSC vs TGTT. Its sad.

nazzurro19

Member +
im not i use both forums regurlarly i just think its abit shit how i ask for help i have a problem and all u 2 say is well sort it!

well yeah obviosuly i want it sorted and i dnt know how to hense y i ask for help so whats the problem?

Rory

Lifer
Its a simple leak, and from the thread on uksc it was a simple one at that! You didnt tighten the jubilee clamp.

There is no problem on here. You asked, Duncan and myself then both answered with what to do. Surley double checking the jubilee's would have been the first thing to check.

nazzurro19

Member +
well i did hense y i said in it , its physically as tight as i could do it, theres no beed to be a cock about it , it could have been a gasket or anything how do i know thata y i asked , this has been the second time ive asked for advice n all i got was a cocky response whats the need sorry im no mechanic

Rory

Lifer
Im being a cock?? Ok.

If its leaking from the hose then it can only be one of 2 things, Either the hose is split, or the jubilee isnt tight enough, you dont need to be a mechanic to figure that out.

nazzurro19

Member +
ok im guna say this one more time

i alredy stated it was done up as much as i physically could and i already stated there was NO splits in that side of the pipe

now dya see why i made a thread cause i didnt know what else to try futtin hell !!

To be fair, I find people on here really helpful. Your original message basically explained what you needed to do, I was going to give a reply but I was confused at whether something else was happening, but no, it really was how you explained it.

When you rag your car, the engine will warm up, this causes the pressure to increase inside the cooling system, so the leak would become worse. So, tighten up the jubilee clip on the pipe, can't do that? Whack on another jubilee clip on or a wider one on.

Still doesn't work? Put a bead of heat resistant glue around the metal pipe that the hose goes onto, however you should have a lip on the pipe anyways so it shouldn't be necessary.

Tightening up the jubilee, buying an extra jubilee clip or getting a wider one should have been obvious, I think that's why these guys were confused.

Love you!