Car trouble

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Following my post the other day, my car is behaving very badly. I'll be driving along and theres a really bad crackling sound from the speakers, sounds like electrics shorting out, also all power cuts out and the car lurches really bad, I'm guessing coz theres no spark, aswell as this the ABS light comes on briefly. The power loss and ABS happen at the same time but the crackling sound is nearly constant. Is it worth doing a diagnostic check and can some one tell me how? I've seen thje post on it but don't really understand it.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

On top of this I'm almost 100% sure my rear suspension bushes have gone, the rear passenger side sits a lot lower than the drivers side and it makes a really bad creaking noise.

fucking cars. :flame:

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
No, I'm far from fucking chilled about it but as I have no fucking clue whats causing it I didn't know what tech section to post in. Why don't you use your moderator super powers to move it to where you seen fit Kel?

Kelly

Member +
No, I'm far from fucking chilled about it but as I have no fucking clue whats causing it I didn't know what tech section to post in. Why don't you use your moderator super powers to move it to where you seen fit Kel?

already done :)
i put it here coz the first problem i read was electrically hope its ok and gets sorted for ya.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Wouldn't have a clue how to check but I'd go with bad earths also, i think there are earthing points on the car, dunno where they are though. Have u changed anything electrical recently? New speakers? Electronic boost controller? If so recheck the wireing

dan_ep82

Member +
mate i would defo say its a engine earthing problem its amazing how much can be affected on my gt-four the earth came off on back on inlet mani and caused all sorts of problems much like u have hope this helps u

dan

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Cheers fellas. Now all I need is some clued up person to tell me where to check! Haven't installed anything new elecrtic wise, fitted a Comradres short shift but the only thing I had to touch electrically was the cigarette lighter.

How about my creaky, lop sided rear suspension? Shagged bushes? Again what am I looking for with that?

Cheers for all your help guys.

dan_ep82

Member +
check all your earths mate there will be one on the altenator , one on the left hand engine mount one on the inlet mani and one on righthand side under battery going to gearbox mount, and of course one on the battery lol! it will be a progress of elimination after that mate

dan

dan_ep82

Member +
if your engine isn't making a good earth for the return path for the spark the current will try to find a new return path through other electrical systems to the negative on battery this is most likely the problem, if all earths look ok i would check the plug leads are ok and not arching out onto the engine ect

dan

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Any one got pics of where the earths are? I'd really like to get my car sorted. Would it be worth getting an earthing kit and are they much work to fit?

dan_ep82

Member +
earthing kits are easy to fit mate and u should be able to get to all of the ones without a ramp!

if its arching out badly u may be able to see it in the dark or just check for badly split leads etc!

dan