Car won't run right

conorIRLgt

Member +
Doing the ignition timing on the car and when I set it to 0 degrees car ticks over lovely but when you go to drive its like its flooding itself still drives but just doesn't feel right .have checked the engine timing and that's all bang on ... I did a diagnostic check and got code 12 so it's something spark related which makes sense in a way why it would be running rich ..anyone any ideas ? Does anyone no if there is an earth wire directly of the ecu ?

conorIRLgt

Member +
Meant to say Iv tryed it at 10 aswell Iv just fine a bit more searching Iv never went near my tps could this need setting up ? If its not set up right could it effect ignition timing ?

triple j

Member +
i think the tps can effect the timing if its not rite, timing should be left at 10deg btdc, are u using a timing light.

AdamB

Member +
Set the TPS first, then set the static ignition timing. Remember to bridge to diagnostic ports.

conorIRLgt

Member +
Ye using a timing light and bridging the ports the more I think about the more I think the tps could be causing it.

weeJohn

Lifer
To rule out the tps and just set the timing, link the bottom 2 connections in the tops plug, thats its set correctly status at idle.