car wont start :(

conalmcn

Member +
Put my greddy e manage ultimate ecu and apexi vcr boost controller back into the car, but now the damn thing won't start. afaik all the wires are in the correct places. the greddy emanage and ebc both light up no problem, the emu stays a constant green light and the other light is constantly orange, which is what the guide says is ok.

the car turns but wont fire but whenever i turn the ignition of it starts counting down.

Its the e version of the emu and i am not using the 2nd injector adaptor

its very cold over here aswell like -5 odd would this affect it?

the spark plugs i am using are the standard ones and not the grade 7 which where in it before, does this make any difference?
all help much appreciated :(

Last edited:

Johnny_C

Lifer
a emu is not standalone it only piggy backs onto standard ecu afaik?

correct.
lets start at the start.
when you got the car,was it running on the standard ecu?or did it come with the loom spliced everywhere from the previous owner removing the emu?

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Im not up much on these so dont take my word as gosple....

Its basicly a computer an im kinda thinking as its been off for a while it might have gone into like a safe mode an reset its self..(jus a guess)

I have a digital sound processor on my stereo an if its unpluged for a certain time it will reset an have to be set up again...

Might be an idea to get to a tuner an get them to plug the thing into a comp to check its working ok an if it has reset its self...

If ya get what i mean...

conalmcn

Member +
correct.
lets start at the start.
when you got the car,was it running on the standard ecu?or did it come with the loom spliced everywhere from the previous owner removing the emu?

yea jonny running a 100% on the standard ecu. the manifold and spark plugs, boost controller and ecu where all removed.

Johnny_C

Lifer
defo has to be a wire wrong then.
id bring up my loom as its plugged into a field harness,if it starts on it,that would rule out everything and show that its a wiring fault.

conalmcn

Member +
defo has to be a wire wrong then.
id bring up my loom as its plugged into a field harness,if it starts on it,that would rule out everything and show that its a wiring fault.

that would definitely be the best thing to do, just a pity my roads are so bad atm, I dont really need the car atm so mayby if it suited you when the roads cleared up a bit?

Johnny_C

Lifer
that would definitely be the best thing to do, just a pity my roads are so bad atm, I dont really need the car atm so mayby if it suited you when the roads cleared up a bit?

no problem,where in the derg are you?
we'll see what 2mro evning is like,id say roads will still be bad.

conalmcn

Member +
no problem,where in the derg are you?
we'll see what 2mro evning is like,id say roads will still be bad.

Aye lad i honestly can't see it clearing up dramatically in the next few days.
im about 4 mile outside it in the aghyaran side beside a wee village called killeter if you know it?

tersplat

Member +
does anyone have a standard 4efte base map that I could use on my EMU? mine is having the same problem, but Mine is a new unit wired in to a jumper harness, I have no MAP on there, just have the car set up as a 4efte in the engine selection. Any help is greatly appreciated and rep will be added.