Carbon Bonnet/OEM Lip

Ashalak

Fresh Recruit
Just getting some thoughts on this.. I'm in an awkward position at the moment having had an accident in the last couple of weeks, although it wasn't my fault its still not been settled. I'm replacing the bonnet on my car with a carbon fibre alternative over standard, I contacted my insurance and they couldn't determine whether it'd be a declarable modification or not? They have an option for Bonnet Bulge/Grill, but the bonnet is an OEM shape so it doesn't really have any extra bulge or grill. The secondary, similar thing is the addition of a OEM Front Lip, this is on my '96 Glanza.. Would this be something that's necessary to declare? There is an option for Bodykit (Factory Option), but again its not an entire body kit just the lip..

I'm a bit confudled with it at the moment, but given the experience with the wankers the last 3 weeks I don't want to leave anything to chance!

Thanks in advance :)

Ashalak

Fresh Recruit
Yea I would never for a second think about not declaring mods, I realise how serious that is and I'm far too sensible not to! Just don't quite know how to declare them accurately :(

Arnold

Lifer
I don't see why you should declare factory optional parts, as there'll be many Glanza drivers out there which the duck spoiler and front & rear lips who haven't done so as it's unnecessary. Wether you or Toyota fitted them originally shouldn't make any difference. My old insurance company agreed with me on this when i told them about the parts fitted to my old Glanza, and another insurance company said it didn't matter when it came to a factory optional kit fitted to my Micra

Last edited: