Celica gt4 info needed

tom_hunt

Member +
Hay all

Well the Glanza is going on the 31st of this month and I was thinking of getting an Impreza but I thought Id go for something a litte bit on the rare side round my way ;)

I'm going to veiw a freshly imported Celica GT4 today. Do any of you know what I should really look out for on them? I know the fig 8's are a common problem on them and have been shown how to check if they are bust.

Any thing else?

Iv tried asking on other forums but still havnt got a reply from last night and we all know how quick every one is on here :rockon:

Thanks

Tom

AdDaMan

Member +
fig 8's is the main thing matey. everything else to check for is common accross all imports matey. you know your stuff :)

dan

Member +
Fig 8s are the usual things mainly with them. Have you signed up to the Gt4oc? Best place to find out everything you need.

tom_hunt

Member +
Fig 8s are the usual things mainly with them. Have you signed up to the Gt4oc? Best place to find out everything you need.

Yeah Iv signed up to that site, still havnt asked to be honest. I didnt rate the forum much. Couldnt find what I was looking for lol probly just me, I will get looking again in a min

Thanks

Tom

tom_hunt

Member +
Well Iv just go back from viewing a Celica GT4 and I must say that Iv fell in love with it lol. The grip was awsome and it pulled really well.

No knocking noises or anything that I though was bad. Fig 8s made no sign of being broke.

Really liked it!! :rockon:

Well Im going to go put a deposite down on it on Friday and I should have it at the end of the month.

Carnt wait!!

Tom

parkiboy

Member +
nice choice mate!

i was really tempted to get a Celica GT4 but i went for the Integra for the fuel economy :p

awesome cars tho im sure ull love it!

RobSR

Member +
nice one mate :) my bro is getting one when he shifts all his gt parts lol! did you go for the wrc model?

also lower arms and clutch is another thing to look out for !

dac69er

Super Moderator
crash damage, fig 8s, clutch and chargecooler system are worth checking mostly. then just the normal things.

ChrisGT

Member +
ST185/ST205 or if your lucky, ST165??

I'm guessing a ST205. My brother has one. Try and find one that has had the clutch done recently or you'll get raped. Check figs8 as said, but if they are worn it doesn't look like too huge of a job to do - but might as well get one with them recently changed!

Few things to check; plugs 2 + 3 can become covered in oil if the rocker cover gasket has perished and that seems to cause cold starting problems with my brothers, so get that changed.

If your gonna get a FMIC, get an EVO core and universal piping kit of eBay. We've done that on his and it worked out well! Plus we managed to sell on his chargecooler setup (rad,pump,core,pipes) for over £300! So that paid for the FMIC setup and then some.

Cold air box, straight intake, de-cat, exhaust, FMIC and 1-1.1Bar should see 300hp. My brothers is pretty damn quick at that spec.

Sign up to http://www.gt4oc.net/ & head over to http://gtfours.co.uk/ - loads of good info/tutorials on stuff.

I might get one soon-ish instead of the Starbo! I love my bros, so much quicker than my Starbo, 4WD etc.

tom_hunt

Member +
Yeah I checked all the above. I asked a guy on a local forum I go on and he said to look out whats been mentiond. Told me how to check certain things aswell.

The only thing that was up with it was the areil which needs fixing as its been pulled off on its trip over here.

lol I had some women take me out in it around near where the garage is which is on aload of country lanes! My god she could drive :drive: lol

Defo enjoyed it, real nice car aprt fro mthe alloys. I hate them 3 spoke ones that that came standard (I think). Going to stick some black multi spokes on ;)

Tom

ChrisGT

Member +
185 or 205?

I kinda like the 3-spoke standard wheels! lol

Heres my bros if your interested:

Photo0030.jpg

Hes got a full TRD replica bodykit to get sprayed/fitted. Will look lovely when its all on.

tom_hunt

Member +
ST185/ST205 or if your lucky, ST165??

I'm guessing a ST205. My brother has one. Try and find one that has had the clutch done recently or you'll get raped. Check figs8 as said, but if they are worn it doesn't look like too huge of a job to do - but might as well get one with them recently changed!

Few things to check; plugs 2 + 3 can become covered in oil if the rocker cover gasket has perished and that seems to cause cold starting problems with my brothers, so get that changed.

If your gonna get a FMIC, get an EVO core and universal piping kit of eBay. We've done that on his and it worked out well! Plus we managed to sell on his chargecooler setup (rad,pump,core,pipes) for over £300! So that paid for the FMIC setup and then some.

Cold air box, straight intake, de-cat, exhaust, FMIC and 1-1.1Bar should see 300hp. My brothers is pretty damn quick at that spec.

Sign up to http://www.gt4oc.net/ & head over to http://gtfours.co.uk/ - loads of good info/tutorials on stuff.

I might get one soon-ish instead of the Starbo! I love my bros, so much quicker than my Starbo, 4WD etc.

Its an ST205. Yeah I guy told me to check all them aswell. lol The guy at the garage was proper loving me when I kept asking to check things. He was alright though. He even said to me that I could check the Fig 8's.

I no a warrenty some times aint as good as they make out but Hes giving me a 12 months parts and labour one so that could be a bonus IF any thing went wrong.

Tom

ChrisGT

Member +
Its an ST205. Yeah I guy told me to check all them aswell. lol The guy at the garage was proper loving me when I kept asking to check things. He was alright though. He even said to me that I could check the Fig 8's.

I no a warrenty some times aint as good as they make out but Hes giving me a 12 months parts and labour one so that could be a bonus IF any thing went wrong.

Tom

Yeah. My brother had his for quite awhile then the clutch started slipping badly and needed changing. That cost loads! He put an organic Exedy in so it doesn't happen again! lol

tom_hunt

Member +
Yeah. My brother had his for quite awhile then the clutch started slipping badly and needed changing. That cost loads! He put an organic Exedy in so it doesn't happen again! lol

Yeah Iv read that it costs a lot to change. There was no signs of it slipping when I had a quick drive in it.

I'm glad Iv not gone for an Impreza now!!

Tom