Celica st165 brake upgrade different discs....

George611

Member +
Right after suffering epic brake judder i went in hunt of some discs...
In theory if a brake disc is the right dimension it should fit right? after all a disc is a disc.

The celica st165 brake disc dimension is 255mm x 22mm x 46.2mm with a 55mm centre bore.

I researched a few websites and books and found Audi 80,90 and 100 discs are almost the same size may need a little machining off the edge. Pretty sure audi hubs are the same size too.

I also found that Toyota yaris mk2 (06-) discs are the same size 258mm x 22mm x 46mm mintex website says 46.2 but i havnt found any other sites with dimensions yet.

anybody else know of any other discs that will fit this setup? i know early prius discs fit with a 6mm spacer too.

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
Ive heard that too but wasnt sure if it was for the levin twin pots

i use the astra discs on the st165 twin pots. you need to get the size right as well as the offset from the hub. that is the hard part to get right.

the astra disc will fit straight on, but fits spot on with a little machining.

weeJohn

Lifer
I use The Celica ST165 discs, you need to drill out the 4 hole PCD but thats easily done, then it only needs a 3mm spacer behind the disc.

Look at Brakes International site, they list dimensions on discs on there.

im using Golf MK4 Gti discs and calipers , the caliper with one piston but larg the disc size i dont remember but bigger and need some modification but without any spacers

George611

Member +
i did wonder if golf calipers would work, did you have to modify the carriers at all or do they bolt straight up?