changing injectors with a jam ecu?

andyglanzav

Member +
couldnt decide which section to put it in so feel free to move it if necessary,

anyways noticed this morning there is fuel seeping out of one of my injectors, in the middle of it, not where it goes into the fuel rail or block. i have a set of 330cc injectors in my garage that i was gonna throw in instead but will they mess up my fueling considering im running a jam ecu? any help much appreciated!

cheers,
andy

dac69er

Super Moderator
no more than on a stock ecu. you will run rich, basically ;)

ill be fitting some 315cc ones and running them with the jam ecu for a few miles before fitting and mapping my power fc. i cant see it being a problem temporarily.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
any jam ecu should be able to handle up to 360cc injectors.. u will run a little more rich at 1st with them till the ecu trims the bottom end down..

weve run bigger injectors on uprated jdm ecu's without any problem, i used to get normal fuel economy running 324cc's with 3.5bar fuel press on a jam ecu.. was rich for hte 1st 200kms.. but after that all fine :)

kon

with my expereince, the jam ecu will work those injectors without issue....it may take a little while to adjust somewhat

but u may as well try them and see what happens....as they are not that much "bigger" than stock.....some members in the past were also lukcy enough to run those injectors on the stock ecu without problems:)

Guye

Lifer
In agreement with the other comments, I believe the Jam ecu uses a 16bit processor which was high tech in the early 1990's but very slow by modern standards. While it will eventually find the correct settings, it will take a bit of driving on the new setup for this to happen. Be patient and let the ecu do the job.