charge coolers

jam35

Member +
as above justg wanting to know if any1 is using one if so how good are they looking to do my car as a sleeper so thought one of these might be good as i dont want a big fmic too give it away any help appreciated cheers dudes:shoot:

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
as above justg wanting to know if any1 is using one if so how good are they looking to do my car as a sleeper so thought one of these might be good as i dont want a big fmic too give it away any help appreciated cheers dudes:shoot:

Just get an FMIC that fits neatly behind your bumper and spray it black... I doubt anyone would notice if you do it right.

350ep70gr

Member +
Charge cooler all the way mate. If you already have a fmic and change to charge cooler will leave you with a big smile.;)
A year ago i run one from frozenboost.com.
You need an additional small radiator and a circulation pump. Also you have the option to run chilled water or ice box and run below ambitient temp.
Also you have noticable sorter pipeing route and you can acchive some gains there also.Also charge cooler core is more efficiance than a fmic.
Thats my 2 cents.
Chris

durmz

Member +
Just get an FMIC that fits neatly behind your bumper and spray it black... I doubt anyone would notice if you do it right.

this is what i wanna do when i get one, only thing i thought though, would spraying the whole intercooler not lower its efficiency?

350ep70gr

Member +
this is what i wanna do when i get one, only thing i thought though, would spraying the whole intercooler not lower its efficiency?
Spraying the intercooler will help it to pass the heat to the enviroment so will have a little better efficiency. But in my eyes ,spraying the intercooler looks like an ancient water cooler.:p

durmz

Member +
Spraying the intercooler will help it to pass the heat to the enviroment so will have a little better efficiency. But in my eyes ,spraying the intercooler looks like an ancient water cooler.:p

ur tht dont make sense to me mate, if it improves eficiency, why wouldnt all intercooler manufactures spray them there self? plus ule be reducing surface area of some of the fins...defo reducing efficincy

Rory

Lifer
Durmz,

I have sprayed all my coolers with a light coating of black paint for that under estimated look.
No problems here, even with performance.

As for keeping the sleeper, paint it black, works a treat.

Rory

durmz

Member +
Durmz,

I have sprayed all my coolers with a light coating of black paint for that under estimated look.
No problems here, even with performance.

As for keeping the sleeper, paint it black, works a treat.

Rory

kool mate, just wanted to check

Glanza Gaz

Member +
ur tht dont make sense to me mate, if it improves eficiency, why wouldnt all intercooler manufactures spray them there self? plus ule be reducing surface area of some of the fins...defo reducing efficincy

He just misundertood you mate he meant spraying, as in with a charge cooler not paint LOL

350ep70gr

Member +

lol i lost it somewhere...think that you talking about water spray the core(water injection)lol

herbie

Member +
My mate had one on his Pulsar. Good piece of kit but expensive, takes up space in the engine bay and can be tricky to totally fill them up with coolant without trapped air.

Awsome car...was running 520bhp

PC010116Medium.jpg

350ep70gr

Member +
My mate had one on his Pulsar. Good piece of kit but expensive, takes up space in the engine bay and can be tricky to totally fill them up with coolant without trapped air.

Awsome car...was running 520bhp

PC010116Medium.jpg
:rockon:
Also turbo is relocated to the sorter possible route. Seems he gives imortance to the smallest detail.:rockon:

pockrockgtti

Member +
my mate has one on his 3sgte corolla

20092008423.jpg

14022009597.jpg

I think size wise they are actually more efficient than an equivalent size intercooler, but the downside is they weigh more because of the pump the extra rad, and of course the coolant in the system.