Cheap mods to improve HP

Tomtheman2

Fresh Recruit
Can someone tell me how I can get more HP for about 500 quid max, like what combinations work?

My V at teh moment has,
cat back blitz exhaust
FMIC
Derestricted pipes.

What can I add? eg upgraded turbo and ecu, which ones etc?

Thanks in advanced.

glanzanut

Lifer
If u want to go the cheapest safe way.
Then buy second hand off here.

Buy a decent mani, an rrfpr, a fcd, a manual boost controller or adjustable actuator.
Book an hour sesh on a rr and get it set and fueled at 1bar

Tomtheman2

Fresh Recruit
If u want to go the cheapest safe way.
Then buy second hand off here.

Buy a decent mani, an rrfpr, a fcd, a manual boost controller or adjustable actuator.
Book an hour sesh on a rr and get it set and fueled at 1bar

Ok that sounds good, got any recommendations for rrfpr and fcd's ive got a boost controller already. How much will this improve it?
And whats the overall cost?

Thanks,

cheshireglanza

**Do not buy from me**
you can pick hks fcd up from £30 to £50 and sard rrfpr from £50 to £100 but if you can find jam,biltz standlone ecu range from £200 to £500 that might be your best bet,then there's always emanage blue

Tomtheman2

Fresh Recruit
you can pick hks fcd up from £30 to £50 and sard rrfpr from £50 to £100 but if you can find jam,biltz standlone ecu range from £200 to £500 that might be your best bet,then there's always emanage blue

Ok that sounds good, how do I know what to set the rrfpr to? is everything easy to fit? Are the ecu's already set up? If not where do I get it set up correctly? Sorry about all the questions but I can't find much info about this stuff.

Thanks,

cheshireglanza

**Do not buy from me**
stand alone ecu's map them self's,emanage blue you need take it some were like td to be mapped,2.8 is standard fuel pressure but i would leave it to tuning garage to sort your fueling

Tomtheman2

Fresh Recruit
Ok, I have gone for...

Upgraded mani
Decat
Apexi avc-r
RRFPR
FCD

Setting that to about 1bar how much hp do you reckon?

Still need a cheap RRFPR and FCD if anyone has one?

Dave.

Member +
Check the classifieds for the RRFPR and the FCD - there are always some for sale.

At 1bar you'll be looking at somewhere between 175-190bhp realistically. Propably the upper end of that range too.

You'll be doing very well to get above that.

Dave

Tomtheman2

Fresh Recruit
Check the classifieds for the RRFPR and the FCD - there are always some for sale.

At 1bar you'll be looking at somewhere between 175-190bhp realistically. Propably the upper end of that range too.

You'll be doing very well to get above that.

Dave
Ok that sounds more like it! Should feel a big difference then? Also, do I need to change the cat back when it goes in for MOT?

Dave.

Member +
Yea, it should be pretty nippy alright - up from about 130-135 stock so you'll definitely notice it.

What year is your Glanza? Most healthy cars with a good tune will sail through the MOT without a cat. Remember it's an emissions test, not a 'presence-of-a-cat' test.

Dave