Check your oil return feed pipes from your turbo's!!!

racerboymx

Member +
Last night siting at a cruise, on a hill lucky enough, engine running noticed a mysterious liquid running from underneath me car.....the rubber oil return pipe from my turbo that joins to the sump had cracked:eek: the jubilee clip i had on it with the heat teared a small crack through it....lucky enough i was standing beside my car when it happen and no damage was done to the engine, which was just rebuilt only 8months ago....moral of the story if your pipes gone anyway hard and your using jubilee clips to hold it on....change it:teach: i'm a very lucky man :homer:

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have 2 1991 GTs and the pipes on both of them are pretty flexible still.

is a good idea to change it if it does seem to get a bit hard or looks like it has cracking on the surface. cheap to replace compared to and engine

bucketep91

Member +
mines was solid! the slightest bit of movement and it would split, fitted a manifold on my mates 95 gt today and i checked his and his is starting to go hard aswell

Gilly2006

Member +
basically if a hose is stiff/solid to bend or press down on change it for something new because eventually it will split.

especially if you have to bend it slightly to get it on to what you want.