Childish who would win style thread?

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
Yes before anyone says anything these kind of threads are very childish totally hypothetical and depend more on the driver blah blah blah however :-

Based on a quarter mile challenge which would expect to win between my car :-

1996 Toyota GlanzaV 1.3 Turbo.
HKS induction kit, HKS exhaust with ZEP decat,

and his car :-

1994 MK3 VR6 2.8 V6
Decat Exhaust system
Forced air induction kit (Ramair)
Estimated power : 190ish BHP - 180ftlb of torque

Just a friendly discussion here at work, nothing serious.

Mike

59bhp

Member +
my brothers got a golf vr6 so will prob race and find out soon (on a track, imo, blah blah blah)

59bhp

Member +
its tricky coz both have around 150 bhp/tonne

having been in both i think as soon as you get to about 85-90 the vr6 would pull away but up until then im not sure, we have a 20quid bet on it so next time were at york or santa pod ill let u know the outcome

b0t13

Fresh Recruit
i think itll be close, with the starlet winning to about 80, then the vr6 will start to pull away once it reaches higher speeds..

Dave.

Member +
you'd beat it off the mark, but he'd close in a LOT before the end of the 1/4 mile, i honestly think you'd beat him tho :)

obvo not on top end, but on a 1/4 mile, yes

Dave.

Member +
i wouldn't say 60, but definetely from 80 onwards, it begins to slug noticable (not to say slow lol, that would be a complete lie - but not half as fast as 60 arrives!)

59bhp

Member +
meh there not even a real v6, thats what i keep telling my bro and a mate of ine who has a vento vr6 lol

C

CaL

they sound lovely....the engines are developed well and are very reliable and strong...the pistons are facing in a arkward way not in the usual 'V' posision....