Christian loses the head on set of T4

gv1.3

Admin
heard this last night. He sounds like a bit of a muppet really. Think he needs a slap in the head.

I still think he is great in empire of the sun and american psycho though :)

John757

Member +
Sounds like a bit of a twat lol But maybe he had good reason to go off at him. Costs a lot to film, so wasted film is wasted money and wasted time is also wasted money.

KrissyB

Member +
He's the man as his names Christian :rockon::rockon::rockon: but mines Spelt better

LMAO at this clip

Dar81

Lifer
I have no sympathy for the guy being abused nor do I think any more/less of Christian Bale..

In my opinion, Hollywood is just full of ego maniacs and empty heads so they all deserve whatever they get..

Having said that, I think he's one of the very very few examples of what a genuinely gifted actor is in mainstream cinema, despite his sometimes questionable film roles

gv1.3

Admin
he is good but as you said he has had some VERY questionable roles.... that POW film he was in recently was one of the worst films and performances Ive ever seen.

Suppose the prestige was a good recent film he made. It is like the conversation we had recently about actors like Brad Pitt. Give him a good script and decent director and he plays well. Give him an all star cast and a crap director and he goes down the pan.

Personally I think when you dump a load of special effects in to a movie that these types of actors are in you ruin the movie and take away from their acting ability... wow I strayed off topic there.... maybe this deserves its own thread at some point ;)

Dar81

Lifer
Also..

Batman Begins
Dark Knight
Harsh Times
3:10 to Yuma

I wasn't mad about either Batman film but his performance was top notch in both

Sounds like abit of a nancy tbh he's like the new Val Kilmer (set staff are not allowed look at him in the eye). See that film Equilibrium man I wasted 2 hours of my life on that muck.

LOL EDIT: Type 'Val Kilmer prick' into google and look under the first site :haha::haha::haha:

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
saw one of the batman films... not really a fan of the genre so didnt enjoy it.

3:10 to Yuma was one of the most pointless films Ive ever seen...

He was also in Newsies but I thankfully havent seen that..

Dar81

Lifer
LOL EDIT: Type 'Val Kilmer prick' into google and look under the first site :haha::haha::haha:

haha.. The majority of 'A list' actors are self obsessed ego maniacs with a completely inflated sense of self worth.. and some hide it from the public eye better than others

haha.. The majority of 'A list' actors are self obsessed ego maniacs with a completely inflated sense of self worth.. and some hide it from the public eye better than others

Your right there. Now someone would want to have all these fu*ken brown m&m's out off this bowl by the time I get out of my bath full of Avian my god what am I paying you people for.:mad:

AdDaMan

Member +
he's a brilliant actor, Dylan your right about that POW film, that was pretty poor....
but machinist? damn that was good. he lived on an apple and a can of tuna a day for about 4months for that. soooo thin. thats dedication.

i like him in some films, but he mentions professionalism and the way he acted was unbelievably unprofessional, rude and threatning. If I was director I wouldn't have accepted his behaviour irrespective of how what was done to cause it.

P.S. I think they should play that during the credits or just before the movie starts :haha:

Dar81

Lifer
he is good but as you said he has had some VERY questionable roles.... that POW film he was in recently was one of the worst films and performances Ive ever seen.

Suppose the prestige was a good recent film he made. It is like the conversation we had recently about actors like Brad Pitt. Give him a good script and decent director and he plays well. Give him an all star cast and a crap director and he goes down the pan.

Personally I think when you dump a load of special effects in to a movie that these types of actors are in you ruin the movie and take away from their acting ability... wow I strayed off topic there.... maybe this deserves its own thread at some point ;)

I managed to totally miss this post.. Yep, agree.. Some films (I'm mainly talking about the 'blockbusters') are loaded CGI and/or explosions and, in effect, carry the film.. Strip that down and, more often than not, you're left with a very thin story line with average directing and below par acting.

Maybe this topic does need it's own thread, Dylan :)

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Good actor, but a cock! I remember when he was on the Big Breakfast being interviewed by Johnny Vaughan. All he did was take the piss out of Johnny Vaughan's stutter, and not in a funny way (he thought he was funny, but no-one else did). Vaughan didn't bite, finished off quickly and moved on... Vaughan went up in my estimation, Bale hit rock bottom.