Cigarette lighter socket doesnt work, good fuses.

93starletgt

Member +
Hello, the cigarette lighter socket on my GT never worked since I urchased the car, I don't smoke so I didnt really care that much until now, that I got an HTC HD2 and the battery life SUCKS and I need to plug it in all the time.

The fuses are good, all the electrics in the car work well besides the damn socket. Any ideas?

corofin12345

Member +
check the wires goin to it.. alot of people use the live off this for gauges etc.. might not be connected or may be cut

nazzurro19

Member +
I hve the exact same problem
In my gt

Tested it with a DMM no readout take the socket off and test the wires and it reads a lil over 12v i desp want mine to work cause of the iphone lol!!

I you solve it please let me know how

weeJohn

Lifer
It could just be gunked up and you are not getting a good connection inside. Take it out and check its clean, also check the small piece of solid wire on the bottom of the body.

A UK Starlet body can be used.

Arnold

Lifer
It could just be gunked up and you are not getting a good connection inside

Yeah that's what i meant by my post when i said it had melted something. A new one from Toyota costs £25 for a Glanza, so imagine a GT is a similar price/exact same part

93starletgt

Member +
Ok I removed the radio to gain easy access to the back of it and realized the socket was not connected :p

Last edited: