Civic 1.6 b16a2 engine

saddler

Member +
Hi my son's m8 is coming round after work to show me his new car
Civic V-tec with this engine b16a2 engine pushing out 172 bhp No way i said as its not a turbo !! is this correct he also said that there easy to tune and you can turbo them for under £400 with over 200 bhp is this true..
if it is im going to get me one..

Rory

Lifer
Turbo for under £400, get a grip!
Mabey a shitey kit from fleabay, but then you need EMS etc etc.

Yes the B16 engines are crackers, and can push out healthy figures, if done right.

Monkfish

Member +
b16a engine is about 170bhp.

They also did a b16b with 185bhp. Just because it doesn't have a turbo doesn't mean it isn't capable of producing good power figures ;)

Just a shame the VTEC torque is shit :p

Last edited:

tucka

Member +
yeah there crap until they get into the vtec 5half thousand rpm all the way till 8 and half with some of them, awsum sound tho, and are pritty quick wen tunned rite to, my mate has a b16turbo spent about 4k on the engine, all forged internals ect ect, as for a turbo kit for 400 quid is just crazy!

saddler

Member +
yeah there crap until they get into the vtec 5half thousand rpm all the way till 8 and half with some of them, awsum sound tho, and are pritty quick wen tunned rite to, my mate has a b16turbo spent about 4k on the engine, all forged internals ect ect, as for a turbo kit for 400 quid is just crazy!
yeah just gone out in it.. i would say that a starlet is faster take off but mid range its fasssst and revs forever this one has carbon bonnet and spoilers type r seats nice and other genral mods but im not sure why he paid 3,300 for a 1992 why is the asking price so high.. :homer:

tucka

Member +
yeah just gone out in it.. i would say that a starlet is faster take off but mid range its fasssst and revs forever this one has carbon bonnet and spoilers type r seats nice and other genral mods but im not sure why he paid 3,300 for a 1992 why is the asking price so high.. :homer:

yeah thats a very high price for a eg model of that year, im guessin the mods what have been put on it up the price a lil, is it the sir import version do you know?