civic jordan

richglanzav

Member +
hey dudes...thinkin of looking at a civic jordan. is there anyone on here thats ever owned one? im sure ive read a review somwhere bu cant remember where about them that the jordan and the ek4 vti with a good set of coilovers will perform near enough the same as the ek9 type r.

but the ek4 and jordan have the b16a2 not the b16b which means they are better for turbocharging which id look to do later on. but in mean time anyone got any good reviews or info etc? or anyone owned one? im assuming the gearobxes etc are bulletproof as most hondas and toyotas are good for loads more power.

any info would be soundddddd.
cheers.

Murray

Member +
The Jordan is pretty much the same car as the Ek4 vti as you said. Yup the b16a is a better engine to boost out the two aswell.
As for the coilovers making it handle the same, im not to sure. Seemingly the EK9s are great out the box as such.
The gearboxes can take a fair bit of abuse power wise, but watch out for worn out syncros, they are pretty weak in the gearbox.

dan_ep82

Member +
i had a jordan a few years ago, dont think it would keep up with an ek9 the leather interior and that adds alot of weight, was a nippy car though i enjoyed it

richglanzav

Member +
cool thanks lads any more opinions welcome. im interested in the jordan as IMO ek9 type r's are stupidly expensive and not worth it for what they are. rather spend the money on a jordan and get it how i want it. i think the ek civics look mint lowered etc

Fro

Member +
My mate and his brother have Vtec in their veins, my mate has a Jordan and his bro has an ek9. He reckoned the ek9 handled so much better out if the box, as Murray mentioned. I'm led to believe the ek9 has thicker anti roll bars and maybes couple other differences in the suspension department? The ek9 just had the legs over the Jordan until it got completely stripped out and it was neck and neck, ek9 still with full interior. On track it was much and such the same iirc, I'll stick a video up if I remember.
The Jordan now runs just over 300whp with a forged motor and a hybrid t3 at not a whole lot of boost, the ek9 has 300/400 in the pipeline. Huge power potential for them, take a look at some of RaceTech's results. Personally, I love them and would love to boost one but have ploughed too much money into my Gt to bear thinking about starting something else from scratch :haha: