Classified Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idrees

Banned
Am I the only person that thinks some of the rules on this forum are too strict? I know rules are there to be followed in order for sales between members to go smoothly etc but selling parts to each other at good prices is only a good thing isn't it - whether it be a friends part for sale or your own part for sale.

Particulary this rule I do not agree with

"Absolutely No selling on behalf of others. Whether it Be Family or Friends"

I mean, I've only tried to sell my brothers car on here for him. Its a Quadlight at a bargain price which we would prefer it to be sold to an enthusiast rather than a chav who would rag shit out of it and right it off!

Where is the harm in advertising a friends/family members car?

Do any other memvers on here think the rules should not be as harsh? I'm not trying to kick off an argument here, just expressin my opinion.

Last edited:

monka

Member +
i think the way you have to do it, with the layout and post count is fair,

but i dont see why you cant post up stuff for mates, whats to say the have the internet, and if its to sell to and from enthusiasts all the better

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Well to be honest. If your selling for a friend it kinda negates the 50 post rule. We had an issue with a sale reciently that prompted the introduction of that rule

jamesbaa

Member +
but isnt the 50 post count thing there to verify that some one is legitemate, surly if some one has got lets say 7,520 ;) posts then im sure there word for there brothers car is just as good if not better than some newbie who has 51 post!!

Franza1

Ah but it's not their word in question it's the word of the third party. With items it's the quality of the item and weather they'll come through with the item after they have received the money. With cars it's weather the third party is divulging all of the information and history of the car.

Idrees

Banned
With cars it's weather the third party is divulging all of the information and history of the car.
The third party in my case was my brother and I know just as much as he does about the car. I'm the one who found it for sale when he first bought it, fitted the engine, wheels, suspension etc with him so I'm sure he doesnt know any problems about the car that I don't know of. I told all the required information on the for sale post along with problems and faults aswell..

jamesbaa

Member +
yeah but still it comes down to how respectable the seller is, not the owner!!

Id rather buy idrees brothers car over a 50 post spammer!!!

how many people come on hear spam there way to 50 posts sell there stuff and then never use the forum again!!!

Franza1

The third party in my case was my brother and I know just as much as he does about the car. I'm the one who found it for sale when he first bought it, fitted the engine, wheels, suspension etc with him so I'm sure he doesnt know any problems about the car that I don't know of. I told all the required information on the for sale post along with problems and faults aswell..

Yes But that's verging on one rule for one and one rule of another. This site has to be as fair as possable. No special treatment

yeah but still it comes down to how respectable the seller is, not the owner!!

Id rather buy idrees brothers car over a 50 post spammer!!!

how many people come on hear spam there way to 50 posts sell there stuff and then never use the forum again!!!

Well that's your preferance. I Always check peoples past post befour i aprove threads if they have less than 70 posts just to check if they are spamming just to get 50 Posts.

gv1.3

Admin
The rules on this matter will not be changed.

It is to protect from people claiming the item they soold had nothing to do with them and also to stop rogue traders.

Unfortunately it is important that we need these rules but we do. If your brother would like to become a member of the site he is more than welcome to.

I regularly get PM's from other members saying "but you did it for him " etc... this has made us be brutally strict with the rules.

We trust you Idress, you have the most popular thread on our site. The issue is that someone else tries to sell cars claiming they are from different people and when we delete the threads we get the "but what about Idress"

Sorry mate the rules are required and must be seen to be enforced in a fair manner.

Idrees

Banned
The rules on this matter will not be changed.

It is to protect from people claiming the item they soold had nothing to do with them and also to stop rogue traders.

Unfortunately it is important that we need these rules but we do. If your brother would like to become a member of the site he is more than welcome to.

I regularly get PM's from other members saying "but you did it for him " etc... this has made us be brutally strict with the rules.

We trust you Idress, you have the most popular thread on our site. The issue is that someone else tries to sell cars claiming they are from different people and when we delete the threads we get the "but what about Idress"

Sorry mate the rules are required and must be seen to be enforced in a fair manner.
Okay mate thanks for the explanation and the kind words :)

My brother does use the site but hes always on my account! He has an account but never logs in to it. Ah well, I'll tell him he needs to start using his own account then.

gv1.3

Admin
PM me his username and give me an idea of how much he uses the site and Im sure we can do something

Monkfish

Member +
I can see the points both sides are making, but surely someone willing to advertise an item, be it a dizzy cap or a car, for a 3rd party is going to know the person well? Idrees is a long term and well respected member, which is quite an achievement at his age and I'm sure he's not going to want to sully that reputation by selling a bum product on behalf of someone. I agree with James, I'd much rather buy something Idrees is selling on behalf of his brothers auntie's dog rather than something off someone who has been here all of 5 minutes.

I agree with the rules and I understand they are enforced religiously to protect us, but surely they can be bent slightly for long term, respectable and reliable members such as Idrees?

Kelly

Member +
You can't bend the rules for one and not for all though thats the point. Like said above we cant have someone say to us "well you did it for Idree's"

And the example in the past were things went wrong reflected bad on the person advertising for a 'friend' hence the rule :)

Plus then you would have the whole issue of what makes a long term respectable member etc etc just opens up another can of worms .

Status
Not open for further replies.