Cleaning engine bay PICS inside

KrissyB

Member +
After Abbott and his very lovely Missus helped me get the engine out Friday morning I set about clenaing the engine bay and sorting the tiny rust spots around the front slam panel etc etc.

Just some Gunk engine degreasant and elbow grease really, not finished pics but a work in progress as its a project not a rushed project.

As soon as the weather improves ill be back out with my Hammerite to paint the hubs and sort out the underneath and lower arms and the rest of the engine bay.

Here it is so far;)

DSC01575.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01578.jpg

DSC01579.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01581.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01584.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

dirty lights

DSC01590.jpg

clean lights

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

Last edited:

hubbygt

Member +
nice work mate, wish i had the time to do that when i had mine in bits.looks good bud. Where are everyones shoes tho....? :haha:

KrissyB

Member +
savage.engine bay looks mint,good luck with the build!:rockon:

Cheers matey still along way to go but doing things bit by bit once the engine bay and things like Hubs lower arms and underneath is sweet ill start on my engine :).

LOL @ the shoes in Kent we dont wear shoes lol

GT_Irl

Member +
nice work mate, wish i had the time to do that when i had mine in bits.looks good bud. Where are everyones shoes tho....? :haha:

haha!:) Money spent on the 5e instead of shoes! (thats dedication for ya);) Looks sweet mate! Just out of curiosity, how long did the cleaning take to get it to this point? (looks excellent already)

KrissyB

Member +
haha!:) Money spent on the 5e instead of shoes! (thats dedication for ya);) Looks sweet mate! Just out of curiosity, how long did the cleaning take to get it to this point? (looks excellent already)

A few hours to be fair matey but i did have a spare pair of hands.

I reckon another few hours then mask everything up a little rub down and be very carful when spraying then find some sort of hardwearing heat resistant laquer and spray that on I think.

Lets say another full day at least to finish up but thats chillin and tea breaks and food lol

turbojim

Lifer
ha ats up wit no shoes wou afraid to get em dirty haha:haha: on a serious note it looks brilliant bud fair play once i get back to my ep il be doing the same as you :rockon:

KrissyB

Member +
ha ats up wit no shoes wou afraid to get em dirty haha:haha: on a serious note it looks brilliant bud fair play once i get back to my ep il be doing the same as you :rockon:

LOL its a deep south Thing fella how we roll in Kent:rockon:

Ill post up some finished pics for you boys to grab some similar ideas, and exactly what I used.

dantheman

Member +
wont be able to deal with the bits until i get back from the u.s mate, flying out 2mrw :) but il sort you out when im back if you can wait