clifford alarms

sanchez

Member +
Can any one help me??
I have an ep82 and im after a clifford alarm with intellistart, turbo timer as extras but they come with the window closure and the central locking functions normally....
Will the central locking on the alarm work as i read somewhere it cant on ep82s??
Any one help cheers :)

Spoonz

Member +
yea the central locking will work mate the installer will know wat hes doin. i dunno how the central locking on the ep82's work but on the 91's my installer on the same alarm ran just 2 wires to the drivedr side and it works but he did say on some cars hes gotta run wires to both doors but he will have it working :)

that is if u have central locking oviously :haha:

also het the tilt sensor aswell only costr about an extra £20 so no1 can take your wheels

sanchez

Member +
Nice one buddy, thought that would be the case but....
...How do i know if i have central locking??? lol

All i have at the min is a Sigma immobiliser and i have to use my key to unlock the doors. Unlocking from the drivers door, the passenger door unlocks too
But if i unlock the pass door, it only does that one..
make sense??? :haha:

Texx

Super Moderator
The central locking works off a negative cdl pulse, the wires can be picked up at the multiplug behind the drivers kick panel. I think one's a green/yellow and the other is red/green. I've got them written down somewhere if you need it.

Spoonz

Member +
The central locking works off a negative cdl pulse, the wires can be picked up at the multiplug behind the drivers kick panel. I think one's a green/yellow and the other is red/green. I've got them written down somewhere if you need it.

That dose sound liek the right wires has i remeber watching the installer put the alarm in. but they will know anyways unless he is installing it his self

Nice one buddy, thought that would be the case but....
...How do i know if i have central locking??? lol

All i have at the min is a Sigma immobiliser and i have to use my key to unlock the doors. Unlocking from the drivers door, the passenger door unlocks too
But if i unlock the pass door, it only does that one..
make sense??? :haha:

im not to sure on that one but my glanza dose the same but it has central locking so i just assume thats normal

they will remove that immobliser has it will not work with the clifford has it has a 2 way/mode immobliser :)

sanchez

Member +
Yeah the installer is a mate of mine and does it as a job so should be ok there..
Can anyone clear up if i have central locking or not??
What can be done if not?? CEntarl locking from another ep82??

Texx

Super Moderator
Have you got a lock/unlock button on the drivers door panel that locks/unlocks both doors? If so you have central locking.

Gtstu

Member +
the ep82 has a cdl module just take the feeds from there its located behind the dash take the drivers kick panel off and look to the right of the steering wheel its a blue box with a orange plug

Spoonz

Member +
yea but the sensitivey depends on what the installer sets it u ichanged mine wen he was done has it wasnt sensitive enough but u can turn it down aswell

Darius

Lifer
the central door locking on a ep82 work off the key in the drivers door, on the drivers side it will unlock both doors but if you unlock the car from the passenger door it will only unlock the passenger door, so you need to have a door motor fitted the passenger door.