close ratio gears

ragz

Member +
is it possible to get close ratio gears for the starlet

im sure on the old site envy performance sold em not 100% though

anyone know what the top speed might be with them on and if its much ov an improvement in acceleration

thanx peoples

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well yea it would make a difference, depends wat ratios you want, it would be alot of work to mess around with tho, getting the right ratios etc would be annoying

hardcoreep

Member +
TRD and route6 are the only ones that make custom ratios for the the Toyota C-series gear box. TRD has stop making several of these gears so they might be hard to find now. The best bet is to try and find damaged OEM gearboxes and build your custom ratios from them.

hardcoreep

Member +
TRD doesn't make a close ratio gearbox. They make a close ratio kit that can be installed inside a gearbox. If you go to their site they sell the individual gears, or a complete set.

MJA

Member +
surely that would cost a fortune? the only diffence between a normal gearbox and a close ratio gearbox is the ratio of the gears??!! lol

i thoght close ratio boxes were anything from £1000 upwards??

ragz

Member +
fuk dat

u seen the price i only wanted the first 4 gears for it was around 500 for the cogs

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
the circuit ones.. the really close ratio ones.. ill get u the specs .. lol theyve been collecting dust in my room for ages..

ragz

Member +
I have them ;) including the final drive.. drop me a line if ur interested..

PLS NOTE THESE ARE TRACK ONLY!!
then again if their track only it wont siut my car as mine i use for daily driving n my litlle bro drives it aswell

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
top speed 160kmph as per trd's specs.. thats using their final drive.. using the stock final drive u can get 180kmph.. on a maxed out gbox.. :)

Damage

Member +
Are they heavy duty gears Rory ?? Fed up breaking gearboxes.... Fitting my 3rd gearbox as wek speak

hardcoreep

Member +
Depends on what you break. The gears themselves are competition level build, but the syncros are factory stuff unless you buy those too from TRD.