Clutch has stopped slipping?

Jdace

About a month ago now, I couldnt be able to drive above 3k revs on 3rd or 4th without it slipping. Now, I can go in fourth or fifth reach about +4k revs and no problem. Is this normal? Could it have been the clutch or something else?

Evjatar

Member +
Have you bled the system? Hydraulic pressure engages and disengages the clutch, if one or both of the clutch cylinders is leaking, pressure will dissapear and you won't be able to change gear, or even come out of gear in the worst case scenario. Master cylinder is next to the brake cylinder in the engine bay, little black cap on it, brake cylinder has a big black cap on it. The slave cylinder is on the gearbox, on the front of the car. If you look down to your turbo, and then to the right on the gearbox, there it is. Check for leaks.

Or could just be the clutch is worn

steo800

Member +
i had this when i got my rx7.

slipped the first week i had it 3 or 4 times, including a run on a dyno.

but it stopped after the first week and i got 3 years perfect motoring out of it, and only changed it cause i had the engine out anyway.

i just put it down to moisture/oil after sitting on a ship for a few weeks coming from japan

Jdace

Hmmmm not sure if it's bled or not. But surely if it wasnt bled I'd have problem all the way through? I checked the cylinders, seemed dry. Although the level on the master cyl was on min mark. If the clutch is worn, why would it stop slipping? I would have thought it would just slip worse and worse. But instead it has fixed itself..

Evjatar

Member +
I've had a clutch slipping on my standard ep81, with the 2e-e engine. I've driven around with it for over 2 years, and after a half year the clutch started slipping, but it kept on going, just had to be carefull with the throttle.. Maybe the clutch is worn to the rivets and they're digging in?

123*stumpy

Untrusted Seller
if the clutch was on the rivits it would be makin a terrable squeeling noise.if its stoped i wouldent worry about it