Clutch issue...

ChrisW

Lifer
Ive had an exedy organcic clutch on my EP for about 10 months and have a little issue...

I was running around 200bhp on my old turbo set up and had no issues with the clutch at all, never slipped once apart from when trying to hold the car on a hill. When I try and hold the car with the clutch on a hill or for example try and drive up a set of ramps, the clutch makes a horrible whirring noise which I think sounds like it's slipping? However the clutch hasn't shown any indicatication of it slipping whilst been driven! It stinks of clutch bad aswell after its made the noise! Any ideas :confused:?

CMR

Member +
Is it not the release bearing that makes the noise?
My exedy does it too, but I use the handbrake on hills out of habit so hardly ever happens.

ChrisW

Lifer
Really, so it's supposed to make that noise then?

It only happens when the clutch is partly engaged if you know what I mean, never happens once the clutch is fully engaged!

rob300zx

Member +
I have the same clutch mate and mine also makes this awful noise, like you say, it will only do it when partially engaged, IE: getting the biting point, but when fully engaged/dis-engaged it will be fine and noise free. Quite annoying to be honnest as it sounds bloody awful, or mine does anyway.

CMR

Member +
Yeah I reckon its just the bearing that makes the noise, its annoying yeah i shit myself when it first made the noise :D dont know what it sounds like outside

Just use the handbrake I guess unless anyone can shed some light if our bearings are faulty?

CMR

Member +
I was crawling up a hill this morning for 10 minutes stopping and starting and mine didn't whir once so its a bit random!