Clutch judder

marty

Member +
Right I've posted a thread in the chill out room about my clutch but have a few questions.

When taking off in first gear unless you give her quite a lot of revs (2000ish) the clutch seems to judder under foot..my last clutch went like this before it bang and since this one has only done at most about 10 miles I'd really like to avoid that.

Is it just a case of wearing it in or what's the story?

dac69er

Super Moderator
Probably should have skimmed the flywheel before fitting. It should get a bit better over time

marty

Member +
It's a Fidanza flywheel bought off Fensport. It has a replaceable friction surface on it..anybody know how often you should change them? Felt smooth and uniform when I saw it but there were a few heatspots on it right enough.

dac69er

Super Moderator
that will be the issue. heatspots like that will make a clutch judder. the organics are always a bit juddery and it will get better with some use. ive done it before and regretted not paying a few £££ for the flywheel to be skimmed

marty

Member +
But what would cause the heatspots in the first place? I would have thought that if the flywheel was uniform and not pocked or pitted there should be no issue? I REALLY don't want to have to go through that again!