CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER help

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
Can someone go by step by step on how to bleed the CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER, Iv just tryed it and there no feel to the pedal at all,Does the car need to be started while doing this.
Rep shall be given the for help asap

Thanks

350ep70gr

Member +
No need the engine running mate. Just fill the master cluth cylinder (top it).Then unscrew the slave cylinder bleed bolt (maybe it is the wrong word tho) and leave it till fresh brake fluid comes out without bubbles.Some times this is enough. Some other times air is trapped in the circuit and you must do the same by an other way wich is :Fill the botle with brake fluid-press the clutch pedal to the floor 3-4 times keep it to the floor and someone else unscrew a little the bleed bolt.and after it bleeds screew it again.In all this procedure the petal must be kept to the floor or otherwise air will come in again. It may need to do this 4-5 times. So give some to the pedal-keep it press-unscrew-screw-left the petal and repeat if nesessary!!!
Hope it helps

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
ok thanks so when the peddel is down to the flooor get another person to unscrew the nipple then wait 2 secs then close the nipple tight then let go off the clutch peddel then do it again intill the peddel is feel ok. ?

350ep70gr

Member +
ok thanks so when the peddel is down to the flooor get another person to unscrew the nipple then wait 2 secs then close the nipple tight then let go off the clutch peddel then do it again intill the peddel is feel ok. ?
Yes correct. As soon as you release the nipple pressure built up will be free so when no pressure you screw and repeat!!!

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
hellpp

Right iv flushed out the old brake fuild and put some toyota 5.1 dot.
Still got problems with the CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER i have been bleeding it for 1 hour and the old dirty fuild came out but still pumping away and the new fuild is not comeing out whats the best thing to do
i cant use my car,If i get someone to jump in the car and they press the cluch then i watch the CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER nothing move's

if anyone can help
repl to be given

thanks

Ted

Member +
when mine went it let loads of moisture into the fluid which wrecked the master cylinder seals, they seem to go in pairs. you should still be able to bleed it tho. its a very simple system compared to the brakes, bleeding is very straightforward, if no fluid is making its way down to the slave cylinder could be master cylinder is wrecked and not pumping. can you get any sort of pedal at all?

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the reply, I can see any leeks from the seels its since i undone the screw its fucked things up, the peddle is as soft as hell and wont go into gear. what resivoir should i be filling up, the one i have filled up is where the brake fuild goes is this right ?. I thought there was only one resivoir

I need to get try and sort it out befor it gets dark

Thanks people

Last edited:

350ep70gr

Member +
Hey Dan

Did you do the procedure exactly as i say? Or you open the bleed valve till all the old fluid come out and the fluid reservoir was empty?
Chris

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
i done what you said done all 4 wheels starting from the back, intill there was no bubbles, the brakes are fine, just the CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER doesnt want to work

Aidan-G

Member +
i done what you said done all 4 wheels starting from the back, intill there was no bubbles, the brakes are fine, just the CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER doesnt want to work

when you bled the clutch,did you make sure you didnt let anymore air in when you loosened the nipple?

Ted

Member +
are you seriously bleeding the clutch and filling up the brake resevoir! theres another master cylinder to the right of the brake one, looks similar but smaller. have you been filling that one as you go?

350ep70gr

Member +
lol Dan where you read about wheels in my post? Read it again ...do as i said...and will short you out buddy..
The master clutch cylinder is the next reservoir from the brake one. Just to the side and back side from the clutch pedal.
Hope you get it know. The bleed valve is on the gearbox near where it meets the block.

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
all sorted now didnt know there was two resivoir one is the little one
there was nothing in it, and was black as hell, just cleaned it and put some new stuff in it, I can say the gearbox is feeling nice and good and the cluctch feels good aswell feels better than befor

Thanks for the help