Clutch to handle td04 with cams and ported head

wee-jo

Member +
Looking for a clutch that will handle a tdo4 comfortably and in the future cams and a ported and polished head. I'm leaning towards the act clutches but if anyone has any other recommendations than I'd be glad to hear them.

Rep available so get replying:p

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
My exedy organic handled a ct9 hybrid @1bar for a couple of years and then a td04 @1.4bar. Never had any problems from it at all. Good clutch imo, not much difference in feel to a standard clutch, nice and comfortable to use and can handle plenty of power through them.

wee-jo

Member +
Yeah mate heard they are good although I've heard that exedy clutches can be a hit or miss, don't wanna be buying a clutch twice over, so much hastle and cost involved.

wee-jo

Member +
I think the hit n miss bad rep comes from people buying cheap fakes off ebay. Buy right and you'll be fine.

Hmm alot of traders have said they've had problem with them too though and they probably don't buy fakes. I'm not doubting you but just want to make the right choice.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Fair one mate, I've not heard any bad press about the genuine ones. There are plenty of other options out there though bud.

wee-jo

Member +
Fair one mate, I've not heard any bad press about the genuine ones. There are plenty of other options out there though bud.

Think ECC said they've found them to be poor and CMB auto's too, its a hard desicion whether to go for a paddle or not:(

wee-jo

Member +
I know a few including myself that run exedy paddles cant fault it but that one looks good too never had one myself

I just want one that is good for street driving and is able to take the torque etc, is the exedy paddle easy to use when driving about town?

John@ECC

Lifer
We used to sell lots of exedy clutch's, about 3 years ago we had a batch of them for subaru's, evo's and a DC2 that all failed within either a few days or over a few months and we will not supply them anymore.

We have fitted lots of competiton clutch's to starlets and they are brilliant. The highest BHP one in the UK is running one of these and no slip even after a years drag racing etc.

Stage 2 - Street Series 2100 Clutch Kit

Stage2.jpg

This assembly provides an estimated 80% increase in torque capacity and is properly suited for aggressive street use and moderate track use. The Carbon Kevlar material with its alloy backing matched to a performance pressure plate will provide smooth engagement and extended life. 500 mile break-in highly recommended with this set-up. 300 mile break-in REQUIRED with this set-up. (Some kits may not be supplied with all pieces. Please verify with Competition Clutch before ordering).

The 2100 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a high torque sprung disc with antiburst steel backed Carbon Kevlar facings, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

Price : £315 plus delivery

Stage 3 - Street/Strip Series 2300 Clutch Kit

Stage3.jpg

This segmented Kevlar material with a performance pressure plate will provide the ultimate in street and strip combinations. This assembly is suited for 150% increase in torque capacity. Provides quick but smooth engagement and extended life. 500 mile break-in REQUIRED with this set-up.

The 2300 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a high torque sprung disc with segmented Kevlar facings, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

Price : £335 plus delivery

- Stage 4 Ceramic 6 Pad Sprung Clutch Kit

Stage4sprung.jpg

This cerametalic assembly, utilising and ultra high performance double spring, six rivet carriage is perfect for ease of gear transition with much higher than stock horsepower. This disk, complimented by a performance pressure plate, copes well with up to 250% increase in torque capacity.

The 1620 Series Cermetallic clutch kit includes a performance pressure plate, a six puck high torque sprung disc with Ceramic buttons, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

Stage 4 - Strip Series 0620 Clutch Kit

Stage4rigid.jpg

This assembly, available with a six puck rigid plate is good for penetrating engagement with higher horsepower applications. This disc complimented by a performance pressure plate provides 250% increase in torque capacity. 300 mile break-in recommended with this set-up.

The 0620 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a six puck high torque rigid disc with Ceramic buttons, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

- Stage 5 Ceramic 4 Pad Sprung Clutch Kit

Stage5sprung.jpg

This cerametallic clutch assembly, available with a double spring, six rivet carriage is good for ease of gear transition with higher horsepower. This disc complimented by a performance pressure plate provides 300% increase in torque capacity.

The 1420 Series Cerametallic clutch kit includes a performance pressure plate, a four puck high torque sprung disk with Ceramic buttons, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

Stage 5 - Strip Series 0420 Clutch Kit

Stage5rigid.jpg

This assembly, available with a rigid plate is good for penetrating engagement with higher horsepower applications. This disc complimented by a performance pressure plate provides 300% increase in torque capacity. 300 mile break-in recommended with this set-up.

The 0420 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a four puck high torque rigid disc with Ceramic buttons, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

Last edited: