Coil on plug with EMU

glanza2281

Member +
Hello,

anyone has any experince with COP with EMU? Is it feasible? What other parts will I need besides EMU? Which coil would be ideal for 4efte? And any other parts that I might need? Wiring diagram plz.

Thnaks

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
it can be done.. there was a thread about it somewhere... ill see if i can find it :)

kon

goldenvtr

Member +
1gze coilpacks, ive got some photos, ive done all the wiring now, just need to mount them down and a few finishing touches before i try and fire it up. ive wired it so thre is ease of swapping back should i have a problem lol

will upload photos and details on sat night

goldenvtr

Member +
not had much luck unfortunately, ive got the emanage to fire the coils now which required jumper 8 ( ignition output) to be switched to 12v insted of 5v)

but the car still wont fire up, my guess is that i have the injectors firing the wrong cylinders when the spark is produced in the other 2 cylnders, i will do some rewiring and try again, but i wont get time now unitll after Japfest 2 now so about mid july. im on my phone at the moment so cant put pics up but i will once its running and im happy with it lol

goldenvtr

Member +
i gave up and bought a link g3 lol , decided to change my compression ratio turbo setup and go stand alone ;)

closest i got was running on 2 cylinders, with some more patients i could of got it sorted, but this was at the time my GT was a daily driver and i needed to get it back drivable!

Stu-

Member +
Not using an emanage but I've setup coil on plug on a few 4e/5e's. You can set them up to run via wasted spark if your ecu doesn't have enough ignition drives.

engine-bay-01.jpg

engine-bay-02.jpg