coilovers.....

starlet666

Member +
hey guys i did a search but couldnt come up with an aweful lot of info....

im looking at coilovers for my ep82 and have settled on either d2's/g4's (same thing) or a set of those BC branded ones......

can i get some feedback on who has what and the pros and cons of these....

when i got the car i had d2's on it but they were shagged.... so i put stock stuff under it again but now i have had it 2 years and it makes 250hp atw i need something better than lowered springs and shocks.....

the car is used mainly as a street car still but i drag it and head in the twisties for hill climb sprints (legal ones) and also motokhanas so coil overs is the way to go as that way i can adjust the height to suit whatever im doing.....

i dont really wanna get teins or anything stupidly over priced as i cant see the point so dont say get these they are better cause personally i will never use teins again..... not for the cost of the unit and then to get stuffed around by the guys who look after the rebuilds and such in aus.....

cheers for any help u may give guys

timmy
from down under

im running d2s for a year and a half now and im very happy with them (considering the state of maltese roads i.e. nt that plain), stability at cornering and under breaking improved alot plus that they have a fully adjustable settings you can go with like camber, damping and height too. BC ones are gd one too, heard many gd things on them even for the Tein super street type.

azerty

Supermoderator
my guess would be that D2 and BC quality is just about the same.
so just go for those you can get better support.

That said you might want to see the new ep82/91 street version that comes with bigger pistons and new rubber/camber plate exclusive pattent

DSC_0005bisweb-1.jpg

not sure if they are alreay available in UK thought

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
they are all much the same tbh.

i went from D2s to tein super streets.

tein super streets are great but you already said you dont want teins so thats fair enough.

coilovers

hi people i run d2's they work great on road and track . and iv recently been fitting alot of bc racing coilovers and they are at the same great quality & value for money so id say either or :) mark@cmbautos

starlet666

Member +
in full truth i was lookinbg at isc ones but the cheapest i can get a set in aus is 1800 dollars to my door...... can buy d2's for 999 aud and bc racing for 1300