compressed o2 engine

turboflow

Member +
ok before i say this im not gunna do it
also dont ask how this popped into my head

would an engine run if it had a cympressed o2 cylinder attached to the inlet instead of open air. what u reckon it would perform like aswell
just a stupid question to get us through wednesday morning.

i know its silly but still a hmmmmmmmmm about it

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
no

mixture would be too rich, in o2. altho they do use this, but its via a recirc of exhaust gasses, so they mix the pure inlet o2 with recirc gasses to fire.

im not too clued up on it, but i dont think it would work on car engines.

have a look here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxy-fuel_combustion_process

Surely it'd be too lean, pure oxygen and fuel injected for air. Not enough fuel to burn.

Pure oxygen injectiom has been tried, nitrous was the evolution of this.

scot-ish

Member +
Surely it'd be too lean, pure oxygen and fuel injected for air. Not enough fuel to burn.

too rich in o2, is the same term as too lean, the term too lean, is in terms of fuel, in the air fuel mixture. meaning there is not enough fuel for stoichiometric. or atleast within the limits to burn.

so we mean the same thing.

yeh, as i said, it is possible, but in terms of your 4efte, you couldnt just go puttin o2 in, instead of the air mix. the car wouldnt cope.

turboflow

Member +
its ok i was not going to try, well unless people turned around and said it would double your hp and double the life of the engine lol

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.

x2 things just get to damn hot!

The Nitrogen in Nitrous helps keep the temperatures in check.