Member +
hi guyz

i rebuilt my engine 1 week ago
i done 127km without any boost

i did CT today and all r 150 !!
so wht do u think

350ep70gr

Member +
If anything was stock you should see something like 175 mate. Have you reseat your valves correcty? Are you sure you used 1,2mm hg? And when you perform the comp test the engine was at almost operating temperature and wot? In the brake in period you need to boost it tho. It helps to bed the piston rings better.
chris

EH@B

Member +
first thing all parts from toyota
about the valves i think there is very low noise
i did the CT after drove the car from my work to home (15km) under boost

350ep70gr

Member +
first thing all parts from toyota
about the valves i think there is very low noise
i did the CT after drove the car from my work to home (15km) under boost

About the CT i think you are in the temp range. But you was on WOT durring the test?
About the hg if genuine from Toyota then ok should be 1.2mm
About the valves i dont mean noise or clearence (should be a reason also for low com results tho). I mean if you put them out from the head and lapping with the paste. (hope you get it what i mean). And if you test them in the bench that they dont leak.
Also you hone the block? From memory i think oem repalcing rings dont want a hone block. Maybe i am mistaken also. Have you mesure the end gap from the rings?

Chris

EH@B

Member +
CT doone WOT

about valves : somebody done them for me so i dont knw wht he did exaclty
f0397555.jpg

about the block just cleaned it and direct fit the new pistons with new rings
because its standard pistons

mingles

Fresh Recruit
compression

When you did the compression test did you have the throttle fully open while you were swinging?If not the reading wont be accurate.You need to be at operating temperature and the throttle fully open.Even tho your using standard pistons and rings you shud have still honed it.Thats just a tip for next time.Hope this info helps you some.

350ep70gr

Member +
If your valve are leaking then this is enough to reduce the optimal 175-180 to the 150 figure. And it is realy dificult to find out with the head in place. Also check for the clearence between valve and cam if are in specification.Also you can try boosting to the standard boost level for 400 km to hepl rings bed enough. You must accelarate and decelarate all the time in all speeds. The load from accelaration help the rigs to firm to the cylinder and deccel cool them in place and lubricate them. Dont go mad with the revs 5000 is more than enough. After this period you can do a ct again and see what happends.
chris

350ep70gr

Member +
I think drive it without boost isn't a good idea mate. (just my opinion).
4e is already lower comp as it is a turbo engine so needs some boost to help.You can do more bad than good doing brake in this way.
Just my 2 cents.
Chris

350ep70gr

Member +
ok then i will boost it ;)
thnx alot
and i hope time sort the low comprisson
rep added
thanks!
Also you should have check the ring gap and the valves leak tested in the first place.It is a common procedure to lap the valves during the head is out.You can do it in a later time but you must change again your Hg and skimm the head.
chris

nexia201

Member +
let the rings run in properly first they are probably not sealing properly yet .As for running in i did mine on boost from begining i left it set at 12psi but only went to 3,000rpm on each gear after doing 300miles like that i started taking it to 4,000rpm but the boost was left normal and now after running in engine is really good :rockon:(ask sheldon ) give it boost just dont drive it hard until runnung in is ready. I havent done a ct after the rebuild and i dont really care how much it is aslong as the engine performs good

rmsnoel

Member +
Sometimes maybe your compression instrument is not 100%. My 5efe standard measures 220psi on my instrument. Where in uae r u? I work in Doha.