Compression test results.

daryn

Member +
hi,

done a compression test today on the car, as i want to know how healthy the engine is for future mod's. It gave a reading of,

what is the usual suspect on these engines, for giving a lower compression reading on cylinder 4. I suspect its not blowing between 2 cylinders because that would give lower readings accross both cylinders. I cant smell or feel any oil in my water tank/radiator so i dont think its blowing between the oil way and the water way. Is it safe to assume, that its maybe the valve stem oil seal.

My car is an EP82.

Thanks,
Daryn.

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
Have you noticed any loss in oil? The valve stem seals don't affect the compression. If the ringlands had gone generally you get a lower reading than that. Either you got a bad seating valve or headgasket.

Last edited:

daryn

Member +
It's likely that either the ringlands have gone or you have a bad seating valve in that cylinder. What mods have you got so far? The valve stem seals don't affect the engines compression. Have you noticed if your losing any oil?

hey, just exhaust, still with cat, and fmic. thats all i know of. definetely not losing oil.

AdamB

Member +
If your deffinatley not losing any oil or water then I would say you have a bad seating valve. But to be 100% sure where the problem lies I would do a leak down test.