Compression.

Sigma

Member +
Just finished building my new engine guys :)

Has anybody got any compression test results of a stock n/a?

This is a cold engine btw.

67599_447497353498_601273498_5562546_1738274_n.jpg

TheStarletGT

Member +
My previous swift gti's had 210psi comp pressures. Is this on your starlet n/a car. I never done the test when cold, so i dont know what figure you will see when its at hot engine temps. If it goes higher, it would be considered near a diesel engine i guess, dunno.

Every time I see a thread about cylinder compression on this site I always get confused. I have never seen a starlet make more than 145 psi across the board. 210 is unbelievable :eek:

mine had 12bar.. thats about 174 / 175 psi

Thats a bit more like it, i assume that was on a reasonably fresh engine. I have only done tests on well worn engines tbh but 210 seems excessive to me. Can you tell me what the cc volume of each chamber is on the heads as standard?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Thats a bit more like it, i assume that was on a reasonably fresh engine. I have only done tests on well worn engines tbh but 210 seems excessive to me. Can you tell me what the cc volume of each chamber is on the heads as standard?

no that was on a 14 year old engine un opend and abbused lol.

Glanza D

Member +
Mines had non stop abuse after warm up and cool down etc and currently on 180 (1st 135 in km rest in miles) and has about 165 across the board

Ashalak

Fresh Recruit
On my bog standard 60k 4EFTE I got 180 on 2 cylinders and 185 on the other 2, this was from cold after being run :). I was told that was pretty bloody good!