Compressor Surge/Stall/Chatter/Flutter

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
Hello guys, have a 4efte running 1 bar with front mount intercooler, front mount air filter and blitz super sound dump valve.

I get the chatter noise with this setup... if i put on the standard top mount intercooler setup it stops...

can anyone tell me first of all why this is happening...
and how i can prevent this...?

Thanks

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
clean the dumpvalve

ok, thanks for the suggestion...but can you tell me the reason why it only does it with my front mount on instead of the topmount if all it needs is a clean? it still dumps with the front mount but i get the chatter sound also...

corofin12345

Member +
more air with the front mount will mostly dump back through the turbo itself at 1bar.. same thing happened me.. i cleaned the blitz and it worked better but didnt get rid of it fully... got myself a hks ssqv and it dumps it all but again it will chatter if i let off the pedal easily..

corofin12345

Member +
na, just a better dumpvalve and nope, wont damage anything.. alot of people run with no dumpvale at all cause they like the flutter more... i found the hks ssqv to be better at venting

-cuffy-

Member +
running no dumpvalve for 2 years on ct9a at 1bar and tongs hybird at 1bar and no probs. sounds better than any dumpvalve tbh

cooz93

Member +
I had this aswel.. Put when I changed my hotpipe, to one with a larger dump valve outlet, and also played around the the vacuum hoses.. I now just get the dump sound