CONCERNED Few issues

baldyplayer99

Fresh Recruit
Having a few issues with the old ep82. Just wondering what culd be wrong and costs of repairs and if any of you have the parts for the reps.

1. Rusting and harsh grinding noise from rear left wheel/brakes/. wheel was black and over two months has a layer of rust :S

2. Electrics are going abit dodgy, car squeeled at me today and the electrics turned off stereo lights etc, but car still ran (a lil struggle mind u).

3. Clutch slipping sometimes when i boot it.

4. car engine sometimes mumurs and gets to near stalling.

any help on this would be much much appreciated. Need the work done so any people in sussex area u no that would do a good job recommend please and any info on parts etc

thankyou

dac69er

Super Moderator
rear calipers are probably seized. if they are too rusty and knackered a new set of discs would be needed.

soulds like a some dodgy wiring somewhere. does it have any aftermarket gauges or any other electronics? if not check the wiring for the stereo. check the wiring to these first as its very unlikely to be the original toyota wiring at fault.

clutch is knackered. needs replacing

this could be quite a few things. give the car a good service and replace all the ignition components if you havnt already. also clean the idle contol valve and check the ground connections in the engine bay.

that should give you a good start anyway mate.

baldyplayer99

Fresh Recruit
thats a great help thanks. I did change the rear calipers but obviously the discs or pads are knackered il replace them all, i had a service two months ago so not ssure on the electrics front, im booking into sumo power to do the brakes and service it so il ask them on the other issues

thanks