Confused installing Blitz dual SBC boost controller

AdamB

Member +
Hi all,

Having a bit of confusion installing my blitz boost controller, I haven't got a manual so using one I found off the net. Although i'm assuming it's for a newer version of the controller to what i've got, although I thought they would be the same?

Going from what the manual says, I should be leaving a plug off on the controller as this is for optional analyzer or something. And that on the main harness there should be a vacuum hose for me to connect to the solenoid. Yet on the harness I have there is no vacuum hose to connect the solenoid.

Yet on my solenoid I only have two vac ports, IN and OUT, which is for the pressure source off the turbo and for the actuator. And also an electrical connector plug.

Do I connect the electrical plug from the solenoid to that of the controller? Or should I have a vac hose from the main harness (which connects to 12v and ground)?

IMG_0450.jpg

Back of the controller, Left is the plastic cable which goes to collect a vacuum source from inlet manifold, Middle is the main harness where you connect 12v and ground, Right is the optional extra plug.

IMG_0451.jpg

No vac hose on the harness connector?

IMG_0452.jpg

Solenoid with electrical plug and 2 vacuum routes.

aidan

Member +
the blue and white wires should go to the solenoid the red and black are your power and earth...for the solenoid plumbing you bring a vav pipe from the turbo(where it normally comes from to go to the actuator) stick that to the in port on the solenoid and go from the other port on the solenoid to the actuator and then for the vac line on the controller you just need to tee that in like you would do for a boost gauge

AdamB

Member +
Thanks for the link Gryzor, although that's for an id meter, it says to connect the solenoid plug to the connection on the controller, which in the specific sbc spec r manual it says that connector should be left.

@Aidan, the blue and White wires your on about, is that the blue & White in the main harness? There's blue & White in the solenoid plug as well, I think you mean they have to match up to the ones in the harness?

Thanks

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
Ok cool, so there must be a connector on the main harness somewhere then that I can plug the solenoid into? Or would I be better off cutting the plug off the solenoid and then splicing into the blue & White wires off the main harness?

Thanks buddy, rep added :)

AdamB

Member +
Haven't looked on the controller side of the harness. I'll have to have a browse tomorrow. Should there be a plug?

aidan

Member +
there should be one there to match up with the one coming from the solenoid but a lot of ppl cut the plugs off to make it easier to get through the bulk head

AdamB

Member +
Ok bud cheers, i'll have to have a look when I get in later. If there is no plug on the end of the harness, will it be ok to just splice the wires together?

aidan

Member +
just twist them together first and tape them then go for a run make sure it works then solder or crimp them if all is working ok

AdamB

Member +
I managed to find the plug for the solenoid, it was already in the engine bay, once I pulled the centre console apart and noticed the blue & white wires were routed somewhere, went to check the bay and I found them wrapped up with the plug connected. Just got to sort out a proper vacuum source and set it up now :) Thanks Aidan :)