Connector help

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
Hello guys, have managed to break a connector under the engine bay, just wondering if someone can tell me what it does... it sits to the back of the engine, drivers side, just to the left of the brake master cylinder..

thanks

Anthony

sorry this should be in electrical, can this be moved please...

Last edited:

dark_knight

Member +
broken sensor

that's your MAP sensor if i'm not wrong. would be best if you can get a pic but i'm almost certain in the MAPS.. :)

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
that's your MAP sensor if i'm not wrong. would be best if you can get a pic but i'm almost certain in the MAPS.. :)

no mate, its like a grey/cream colour connector, its actually fixed onto the chassis of the car, i cant get a picture right now as im in work, and can find any good engine bay pictures so I can point it out =(

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
no matey! you see where you top up the brake fluid...? its to the left of that and connects to the same part of the loom that the injector connections are on...

dark_knight

Member +
stock motor?

@ glanza97: quick one: are you running a stock engine, coz mine doesn't have anything around the region you've mentioned. perhaps a pic would be better and we can wait for it when you get a chance..

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
here's an old shot of my engine bay, the best one i could get that captures most of the bay. please point out where it is exactly..

nice engine bay...

engine.jpg

dark_knight

Member +
boost sensor?

@ glanza97: thanks for the thumbs-up on the engine bay.. :)
now, about your connector, i saw you circled the area around where i currently have my boost/vacuum sensor located. if you bought your car already modded, and if most modders are like me then we think alike and it's likely that it is a boost sensor, unless it looks more like a factory connector..?

sorry if i'm confusing you. my glanza is only one of millions that may have a different setup compared to what you are trying to explain.

dark_knight

Member +
brake fluid level sensor

@ glanza97: that's the brake fluid level sensor. it throws up a warning when your brake fluid is past an acceptable level.. :)
try follow the wire to the bottom of the brake fluid reservoir to confirm..

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
I will check when I get home, I did not know these even had a brake level sensor! Thankyou!

Spacecraft, I am wondering if you can help me with something else...as you seem in the know.. =D My car when coming to a stop will sometimes just cut out...even if i put it into neutral before stopping it will just die... any ideas...?

GP82

Member +
I think it could be the 'warning low brake fluid' sensor. You can try and recondition the connector if it is possible or try to get matching connectors, cut off the broken ones and wire new connectors in, failing that, another easy option is just hardwire them.

Edit.. Spacecraft beat me to it. :)

dark_knight

Member +
engine cuts out

@ glanza97: it cuts out when coming to a stop from speed in or out of gear..? how's your idling, when cold and warm..? any mods done on the car..? a spec list would be nice..

& you're welcome on the sensor IDentification. just get home, get pix and report back here.. :)

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
@ glanza97: it cuts out when coming to a stop from speed in or out of gear..? how's your idling, when cold and warm..? any mods done on the car..? a spec list would be nice..

& you're welcome on the sensor IDentification. just get home, get pix and report back here.. :)

fully forged 4efte (timing set to 10degrees btdc)
blitz active single plate clutch + flywheel
factory lsd
oil catch can
blitz dual sbc boost controller
japspeed decat
hks actuator
side exit exhaust
rsr panhard rod
whiteline front anti roll bar
whiteline rear anti roll bar
white anti lift kit

and loads more.... obv i know alot of the above wont have anything to do with my issue...

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
not sure on cold start but idle when warm is just over 1000rpm, this is slightly high I think, it should be around 900rpm shouldnt it?

You think maybe a vacuum issue?

Last edited:

dark_knight

Member +
idling

800 +/-50 rpm is acceptable. is it erratic..? jumpy..? hunting..? can't place a finger on it yet, will wait for a couple more forum members to give their opinions on this.. :)

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
yeah normally around 800 rpm is about right, no its not erratic, its weird, i can be driving, come to a stop, stick it in neutral before i stop and when the revs come down they go all the way down instead of to idle and it cuts out