convert to wideband permanently

glanza2281

Member +
is it possible to convert to wideband permanently? the ecu read values 0-1v from our stock o2 sensors. but from what i have learnt wideband outputs 0-5 v. I wish for full time wideband...dnt know if this is feasible...i talked to some1 over here in mauritius but he told me its not possible. I am not sure he knows what he is talking. I know some wideband kits have got wideband to narrowband convertors.. I use EMU and hence would like to have one of the o2 sensors replaced permanently with a wideband. Anyone has done this before? which kit would be ideal? I was planning to get innovate lc1. Can i do it with this?

dac69er

Super Moderator
you can do that with the lc1. i has an output that is configured to give a 0-1v narrowband signal

laskt9

Member +
Do you mean put a wideband in the stock sensor location? It will burn up pretty fast there

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

AdamB

Member +
No he wants to use a wideband sensor as a narrowband function. I'm sure most widebands can do this these days.

glanza2281

Member +
Do you mean put a wideband in the stock sensor location? It will burn up pretty fast there

oooh...so where shall it be plugged then? I wish do that to retain the precision of the wideband compared to the narrow one.

dac69er

Super Moderator
you wont gain anything by doing that. you can run without the sensor on the stock setup and it makes very little difference.

laskt9

Member +
oooh...so where shall it be plugged then? I wish do that to retain the precision of the wideband compared to the narrow one.

I believe its something like 18" away from the turbo. Its easiest to place on the top of the pipe right behind the sump pointing straight up so you can run your wires up the firewall into the cabin