coolant issue's, dont think it is the headgasket

monka

Member +
right as i said in the beginning of the week, my engine has been pushing out coolant, at what seemed to be a worse and worse rate.

yet after the south meet at the week end, i drove it off boost until wednesday night, checked the coolant, everything that had come out after the drive to and from the meet had dried up, and there was no signs of coolant leaks from the rad, so took it for a drive, drove it high revs but no boost and had no leaks, the boost a little bit but still no leaks, then drove it as hard as i could, probally reaching 80mph and only changing gears at 7k.

still no coolant had come out.
had a little play with a mate in his mr2 through the forest on thursday evening, checked it, no coolant had leaked, raced an evo thursday night, probally reached about 120-130 pulled up and noticed that coolant and come out with so much pressure that you could see it up the edge of the wing.

if its the headgasket why would i only be experiencing coolant loss at high speed? would this not possibly be the water pump generating to much pressure or something?

lingl9z

Member +
I take it the racing was on a track :) head gasket could have gone between a cylinder and water jacket as that same thing hapened to mine, start with easy things first, rad cap, thermostat etc. My car never over heated it just lost coolant on full boost.

monka

Member +
yeah i replaced the headgasket last year after an overboost caused headgasket failure, and had the same as you, pushed water out on boost, its not the same this time, its not when on boost, only when travelling at high speeds

lingl9z

Member +
Could be the water pump i guess leaking at high speeds, the car i have now done this pump was replaced and it's all good now!