coolant problem

mike286

Fresh Recruit
my cousin jst bought a gt nd its drinkin coolant lik has to be refilled every 2.. 3 days anyone have any ideas:confused: appreciate ne help sri if its repost couldnt find it

monka

Member +
less of the text talk mate, if ya want to be taken seriously on here

your heater matrix uses coolant, so if its leaking, would be a reason your coolant is low

mike286

Fresh Recruit
less of the text talk mate, if ya want to be taken seriously on here

your heater matrix uses coolant, so if its leaking, would be a reason your coolant is low

sorry bud..just so used to writin that way.. is there any obvious signs id see there no leaks or wet patches on the floor when cars parked....how often would you normally need to change coolant??:confused:

Adam_Glanza

Member +
you dont normally need to change coolant unless its been contaminated etc..

i would say your probably burning the coolant, and yes its a fairly big job. probably expect to get charged about 6-8 hours labour if you cant do it

mike286

Fresh Recruit
any excessive steam from the exhaust? (some when cold is normal) any mayo under the oil cap?

the exhaust is not on at the moment bud waiting on the decat to put the exhaust back on...no there no gunky mayo stuff either thats 1st ting i checked for him hopefully its just the heating matrix lik they said above

Adam_Glanza

Member +
if its a leaking heater matrix then down in the passenger footwell should be wet, or around your glovebox / dashboard area should be wet.

youve obviously got a leak / its burning. check around the water pump area

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
heater matrix would be a dead giveaway though as you'd either have a wet floor or a steamy cabin (as what happened to mine when it went, was like a sauner)

once you get the exhaust on and the car back together check for excessive steam. that's nomally an indication that coolant is getting into the cylinders

bigdoods

Member +
my cousin jst bought a gt nd its drinkin coolant lik has to be refilled every 2.. 3 days anyone have any ideas:confused: appreciate ne help sri if its repost couldnt find it

that happened on mine aswel.if he drives it easy and it doesnt drink it but if he boosts at all it drinks it.im having d head gasket done as we speak.pisser!!

mike286

Fresh Recruit
if its a leaking heater matrix then down in the passenger footwell should be wet, or around your glovebox / dashboard area should be wet.

youve obviously got a leak / its burning. check around the water pump area

thanks bud really appreciate it...the floors not wet il bring to the mechanics 2moro hopefully nothing major:(