Cooling fun switch valve?

glanza4ever

Member +
Hi everyone
i am about to change thermostat from 82 degrees to 76.5 (from paseo) and also i must change the cooling fun switch to suite with the thermostat temrature but i can't find which one is the for the cooling fun (1 for the temp gauge , 2 cooling fun , 3 for efi "warm up") all of these have almost the same discription... switch temp valve!
does anyone knows which one is for the fun???

i have search about one hour diy epc but couldn't find any more informations...
thanks

weeJohn

Lifer
You should not need to change the fan switch as it is set to come on about 93 degrees celcius. The lower opening thermostsat will only affect when the water is allowed out of the engine into the radiator to cool.

Either stat will be open when the fan comes on.

glanza4ever

Member +
You should not need to change the fan switch as it is set to come on about 93 degrees celcius. The lower opening thermostsat will only affect when the water is allowed out of the engine into the radiator to cool.

Either stat will be open when the fan comes on.

yes but the one opens from 82 and the switch is set to start the fun at 93 degrees and the other from 76.5 set to start the fun at 90 degress...
i just want to do it correctly so i can keep the temprature as low as possible!
(too hot here)

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
You don't even need that. The higher air temps only have an effect on the efficiency of the radiator. If you want to improve cooling in your climate then you want a bigger radiator, not a lower temp stat as your engine was designed to work with a certain temperature thermostat.

Texx

Super Moderator
Why do you need to change the thermostat? Surely 82 degrees in Greece won't be any hotter than 82 degrees when in any other part of the world.

You don't need to replace any sensors or switches. The thermostat is responsible for minimum coolant temperature and the radiator fan controls the maximum coolant temperature.

If you looking to upgrade the stock cooling system, IMO a larger more efficient radiator and header tank would be a good improvement.