Corolla/Levin E58 transmission, driveshafts and clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texx

Super Moderator
For sale: Corolla/Levin E58 transmission, clutch, flywheel and driveshafts

Item Condition: Used - was working OK when removed from vehicle 2 years ago.

Price and price conditions:
£250

Extra Info:

Removed approx 2 years ago from an AE82 Corolla GTi. I originally bought it for an AE92 Corolla 4A-GTE project that was never finished. I believe it to have originally been fitted to a later spec supercharged Levin (MAP sensor equipped model). The transmission was known to have been working properly before it was removed but has obviously been in storage for a while so I wouldn't want to say its all in perfect working order without testing it first, so its sold as seen with any faults. I was told that the case leaks oil at one of the seams, but will only need pulling apart slightly and fresh sealer applied. Also the driveshaft seals will also need replacing, but this isn't a big job with the gearbox on the floor. If you are competant enough, it might be worth pulling it apart and checking its condition before fitting, but it turns over by hand smoothly and selects all gears without any issue. The gearbox comes complete with both outer driveshafts and RH intermediate shaft, the flywheel, clutch cover, clutch disc, release bearing and transmission mounts. The driveshafts look in good condition, but since they have been in storage, the ball bearings have fallen out of both inner CV joints, however the ball bearings are all accounted for and come with the driveshafts. The flywheel and clutch are from a 4A-GZE, but I'm not sure which year if it does make a difference? The flywheel has slight surface corrosion but no deep pitting or high spots and should clean up well with a wire brush and some scotchbrite. The flywheel also has some drilling on the back, I'm not sure if this is standard or if the flywheel has been balanced? Clutch had covered so I was told 500 miles but I can't confirm, but TBH it looks almost new, has very little wear and the bearing feels smooth. I think it may possibly be a genuine Toyota clutch as its stamped on the cover, it's not a SACHS clutch, thats just the box I put it in. I don't know if there is a stock differential fitted, or an aftermarket, or whether the diff is an open or LSD.

If you've any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Pictures:

gearbox1.jpg

gearbox2.jpg

gearbox3.jpg

gearbox4.jpg

gearbox5.jpg

gearbox6.jpg

gearbox7.jpg

gearbox8.jpg

flywheel1.jpg

flywheel2.jpg

clutch1.jpg

clutch2.jpg

clutch3.jpg

clutch4.jpg

clutch5.jpg

Contact Details:
PM me or post in this thread.

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:
Collection only, this lot together must weigh at least 100Kg.

branz

Fresh Recruit
I am interested in buying the driveshaft two of its kind if u have more than one, plz call me at 1-868-471-4047!!!

turboflow

Member +
Before anybody asks, No, this won't fit a starlet :p

Good luck with the sale mate

are u sure starter is in same place, bolt holes look to be the same shifter conections are same apart from one angled up slightly
just interested on what it is that stops it from fitting

Fatman

Member +
are u sure starter is in same place, bolt holes look to be the same shifter conections are same apart from one angled up slightly
just interested on what it is that stops it from fitting

It's an A series bellhousing, so they don't bolt up. Secondly the E series box is physically larger and none of the mounts work.

Fatman

Member +
Not all of the E series are LSD. These came in a number of different cars in FWD and RWD form (MR2's) with various gearsets and final drives. Definitely not one size fits all!

MarcoFTE

Member +
It comes (originally) of a Levin Supercharger (Corolla). Looking at those 2 short driveshafts, I would say it's LSD. NON LSD has 1 short/1 longer driveshaft.

Still, I could be wrong, I'm not perfect :)

branz

Fresh Recruit
For sale: Corolla/Levin E58 transmission, clutch, flywheel and driveshafts

Item Condition: Used - was working OK when removed from vehicle 2 years ago.

Price and price conditions:
£250

Extra Info:

Removed approx 2 years ago from an AE82 Corolla GTi. I originally bought it for an AE92 Corolla 4A-GTE project that was never finished. I believe it to have originally been fitted to a later spec supercharged Levin (MAP sensor equipped model). The transmission was known to have been working properly before it was removed but has obviously been in storage for a while so I wouldn't want to say its all in perfect working order without testing it first, so its sold as seen with any faults. I was told that the case leaks oil at one of the seams, but will only need pulling apart slightly and fresh sealer applied. Also the driveshaft seals will also need replacing, but this isn't a big job with the gearbox on the floor. If you are competant enough, it might be worth pulling it apart and checking its condition before fitting, but it turns over by hand smoothly and selects all gears without any issue. The gearbox comes complete with both outer driveshafts and RH intermediate shaft, the flywheel, clutch cover, clutch disc, release bearing and transmission mounts. The driveshafts look in good condition, but since they have been in storage, the ball bearings have fallen out of both inner CV joints, however the ball bearings are all accounted for and come with the driveshafts. The flywheel and clutch are from a 4A-GZE, but I'm not sure which year if it does make a difference? The flywheel has slight surface corrosion but no deep pitting or high spots and should clean up well with a wire brush and some scotchbrite. The flywheel also has some drilling on the back, I'm not sure if this is standard or if the flywheel has been balanced? Clutch had covered so I was told 500 miles but I can't confirm, but TBH it looks almost new, has very little wear and the bearing feels smooth. I think it may possibly be a genuine Toyota clutch as its stamped on the cover, it's not a SACHS clutch, thats just the box I put it in. I don't know if there is a stock differential fitted, or an aftermarket, or whether the diff is an open or LSD.

If you've any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Pictures:

gearbox1.jpg

gearbox2.jpg

gearbox3.jpg

gearbox4.jpg

gearbox5.jpg

gearbox6.jpg

gearbox7.jpg

gearbox8.jpg

flywheel1.jpg

flywheel2.jpg

clutch1.jpg

clutch2.jpg

clutch3.jpg

clutch4.jpg

clutch5.jpg

Contact Details:
PM me or post in this thread.

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:
Collection only, this lot together must weigh at least 100Kg.

Hi im interested in buyin the driveshaft my contact is 1-868-471-4047. i have the same type of gear box in my toyota levin and i need a new drive shaft an also some advice on using other clutch disc and pressure plates

Texx

Super Moderator
I posted this up for sale almost a year ago, it's long gone now. :haha:

I lock this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.