Correct position for welding?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Im going to get my blitz bov welded to the intercooler pipe this week, just wanted to know if i should cut any piping 1st and should it be in a certain position? Would really appreciate some tips. Cheers peeps :) :)

DSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0808.jpg

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
doesn't need to be in any particular position just check the clearance under the bonnet and which ever will be more convenient. i would cut off the bit that goes into the intercooler pipe shown above and weld the remaining on.

Duff

Member +
Shouldnt really make a difference mate just make sure its short enough for your bonnet to close! That happend me with my HKS bov!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
doesn't need to be in any particular position just check the clearance under the bonnet and which ever will be more convenient. i would cut off the bit that goes into the intercooler pipe shown above and weld the remaining on.

Cheers mate. So u think i should cut the excess bit off the BOV or the pipe that comes off the intercooler? :)

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
it depends on clearance, i would cut a bit off of the intercooler pipe as well as the DV flange to be honest just to try and keep the DV as close to the pipe as possible just for convenience and to keep it out of the way more than anything, just make sure you can get an Allin key in there just in case the DV breaks or anything, make sure you take off the DV as well when welding just in case you get any spoil into it and cause damage to it.

jamesbaa

Member +
does it necesseraly need to be welded on cant you just sucure it using a silicone joiner and jubely clips, at least then you could change it easily if you wanted to!!

TurboDave

Member +
does it necesseraly need to be welded on cant you just sucure it using a silicone joiner and jubely clips, at least then you could change it easily if you wanted to!!

Good point some silicone pipe and a few jubilee clips and your away.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
im sure ive heard that its better to be closer to the throttle plenum due to response, but i didnt no if that was true or not?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
right, i found out that the bottom of the DV is like annodised steel or something and the pipe for the intercooler is alloy, so cant be welded. Looks like its gonna have to be a samco job and ill probably get the DV as close as i can. Cheers for everyones help :)