couple of things, fan and fuel gauge!!!

Adam A

Fresh Recruit
Couple of questions, how long does it take for your fan to come on, as i tink mine is broke or do they just wait till they get to boiling point before they come on? and how good are the fuel gauges, my car was in the red, little light came on, put 10 litres in it to test if the gauge was working, and its hardly moved, is this normal? lol.

thanks for your help,

Ads

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
The fuel guages are always shite,take it handy to get naer to the real idea of it

As for the fan they take a while yea,just keep an eye on your temp guage

Dan3SGTE

Member +
10 litres should move your needle a fair amount... well its sure does in my tank.....

Fans are dependant on how they are wired...... If my car is idling it will come on every 2 minutes or so for about 1 minute......

dac69er

Super Moderator
10 litres should move your needle a fair amount... well its sure does in my tank.....

Fans are dependant on how they are wired...... If my car is idling it will come on every 2 minutes or so for about 1 minute......

mine is exactly the same on both my starlets!

Adam A

Fresh Recruit
Right, ie checked all the fuses jsut incase it was a fuse blown causing the fan not to come on, they are all good, just going to have a test tommorow and leave it started for a while to see what happens, now thats theres fuel in it, well the gaugue says theres a smidgin lol.

Cheers fella's for your help!

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Right, ie checked all the fuses jsut incase it was a fuse blown causing the fan not to come on, they are all good, just going to have a test tommorow and leave it started for a while to see what happens, now thats theres fuel in it, well the gaugue says theres a smidgin lol.

Cheers fella's for your help!

Try this, follow the wire from your fan to the aircon pipe its plugged into and pull it out and your fan should run constantly,this should at least let you know if its working
S7000969.jpg

this is when i took it out but thats what the connection looks like

dac69er

Super Moderator
or you can unplug the single wire round shaped connector that goes to the thermostat housing. that would bring the fan on also. would also prove whether its that sensor playing up which it could well be.