CR Developments & K-Sport Brake Kit Experience

Chris.Stewart

Member +
Alright folks,

Thought I'd share my experience with Iain at CR Developments with the purchase of the K-Sport Brake Kit for my Glanza...

To sum up in one word - Excellent.

I originally showed my interest in the kit when Iain was running a group buy on them. After only another 2 people were interest, Iain asked all involved if they wanted to go ahead and I was the only one!

So after sending me the template to make sure that this kit would fit under my wheel I decided to go ahead and place the order for them. Iain also reminded me that Mark@CMB runs this kit and to double check, contact him and make sure my wheel fits over them. Seeing as I know Mark, I gave him a ring and he was happy for me to try my wheel over them. A quick trip out to his garage to check and they fitted fine with my 10mm spacers. So a quick shout out to Mark too for letting me do that, put my mind at ease!

So the deal was done, it was now just a matter of waiting...Iain offers 2 shipment methods as stated by K-Sport:

- Delivered within 12 weeks
- Delivered within 4 weeks (extra cost involved)

Now I wasn't in any particular hurry for these so saved the money and opted for the 10-12 week delivery option.

So after waiting a number of weeks Iain contacted me saying unfortunately there has been a delay which was an error on K-sports part. Basically the order had been received but not passed on so nothing had been done.

Iain was extremely apologetic about all of this and assured me he was chasing it up to make sure they sorted it out. As a good will gesture he upgraded me from the standard pads to EBC Yellow Stuff, and included an extra set for free.

As things were considerably delayed, Iain also forked out for the 4 week delivery option so that the kit was there ASAP for me. (Doing the best that he could have done to save any more waiting). At this time he also threw in a couple of tubs of brake fluid just to finish off the deal.

All in all, customer service was excellent, was kept updated with everything throughout etc.

I actually received the brakes towards the end of last year, but only just got round to fitting them this weekend as the car is garaged throughout winter, and had exams and stuff on at uni so not had any free time to fit them.

Here is the photos of fitting them:

Brake fluid and Pads:

IMG_0910.jpg

Open up the box:

IMG_0911.jpg

Instructions, braided lines, clamps etc:

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

Rotors:

IMG_0914.jpg

Mounting Brackets:

IMG_0915-1.jpg

IMG_0916-1.jpg

Well packaged:

IMG_0917.jpg

Caliper:

IMG_0918-1.jpg

IMG_0920-1.jpg

A cheeky snap of inside the Glanza while I was pulling everything out the box:

IMG_0922-1.jpg

Most of the kit excluding rotors:

IMG_0923-1.jpg

And again but including the rotors:

IMG_0924-1.jpg

The existing set up (standard):

IMG_0925-1.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

Old disc on top of new disc:

IMG_0929-1.jpg

Side by side:

IMG_0930-1.jpg

Next to each other:

IMG_0931-1.jpg

IMG_0932-1.jpg

Removed the old discs and calipers, and these covers as they didn't fit with the new discs:

IMG_0933-1.jpg

Mounting bracket and disc fitted (NOTE: I have JUN extended wheel studs):

IMG_0935-1.jpg

And Caliper bolted on:

IMG_0936-1.jpg

IMG_0937-1.jpg

Lots of shims provided to space them out:

IMG_0938-1.jpg

Which are required:

IMG_0939-1.jpg

Wheel on (with 10mm spacer) - fits fine (bar wheel weights which were removed and will need to be re balanced):

IMG_0940-1.jpg

Close fit!:

IMG_0941-1.jpg

Back of the pads had to be removed to get them in:

IMG_0942-1.jpg

Pads in:

IMG_0943-1.jpg

Cover on and tightened up:

IMG_0944-1.jpg

All together:

IMG_0946-1.jpg

Other side also:

IMG_0961-1.jpg

Engine bay photos while the bonnet was open:

IMG_0955-1.jpg

IMG_0956-1.jpg

Still to go out and bed them in, so comments will be following shortly to discuss their performance once bedded in.

To anyone considering a big brake kit and the K-Sports are in mind, remember CR Developments sell them at a competitive price and their customer service is top notch.

Chris

richglanzav

Member +
these brakes look savage...just one question tho with those extended wheel studs are you getting enough stud left over to get the nut all the way on? as it looks rather a close fit indeed on the picture.

GTwayne

Member +
I've also been looking at these recently, but struggling to find 15's that will fit over them.
Have dealt with Iain before and the service he offers is excellent.

Chris.Stewart

Member +
these brakes look savage...just one question tho with those extended wheel studs are you getting enough stud left over to get the nut all the way on? as it looks rather a close fit indeed on the picture.

Yes, I took time deciding on extended wheel studs and spacers...

The JUN studs are +10mm, so running 10mm spacers means its the equivalent of running standard studs and no spacers - i.e. ample thread to get the nut on properly.

Looking at this picture:

IMG_0936-1.jpg

You can see there is plenty thread left even with a 10mm spacer on there

Chris.Stewart

Member +
I've also been looking at these recently, but struggling to find 15's that will fit over them.
Have dealt with Iain before and the service he offers is excellent.

My wheels are 15s, but as I said I run 10mm spacers and extended studs.

There is a template you can get from Iain to cut out and check with the wheels.

AdamB

Member +
That looks the shit! Think you've now swayed me towards the 6 pots :haha: Let us know what the performance of them is like. I was worried about the brake bias since being 6 pots the rear end would be up in the air under heavy braking.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
The feedback is greatly appreciated Chris, sorry i only got the chance to come on and post but we already spoke by text anyway when you let me know about the feedback you posted!

This kit is just fantastic, K-Sport take extreme pride in there products and thats why simply you pay the bit extra for them but the pictures speak 1000 words!

I've tried running a Group Buy in the past for this Brake Setup, i can do an GB based on the 10-12week delivery option or i can do it on the 4 week delivery option but that option is £120 extra and IS guaranteed within that period.

Not many Starlet users even run this kit in the UK :)

Arnold

Lifer
I really do like the look of these. How much would they have cost through the group buy? I don't remember seeing it

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Sent you a message over Arnold until i can confirm GB prices. Its a challenge itself to get confirmed buyers which is a shame for the other potential buyers involved.

AdamB

Member +
I would deffo be up for a GB on these Iain, would depend on when you would require payment though as I got a few things to pay out for atm.