crank removal

Shorty

Member +
Most of the way though stipping my forged lump but got to whip the crank out, is there a specific order to undoing the bolts and the con rods?

Cheers
Tom

350ep70gr

Member +
You need to mark each big end and conrod so it will go again at the same journal at the same direction (not the big end the other way).
So make a scratch from the main conrod to the end of the big end and then use 1 tire-up for conrod at cylinder one 2 tire-ups for cylinder 2 and so on.

For the crank removal yes you need a special order to undo them and a special order to tight it back on dut i dont know how to post the picture here...maybe someone can help..:p
Anyway starting from crank pulley the bolts order is 4,8,10,6,2 (oil filter side)
And firewall side 3,7,9,5,1
Work them with this order.

And for tight it back on is 7,3,1,5,9

Chris

Mikey4410

Member +
X2 on that,very good bit of info.i drew diagrams of mine and wrote down every bit of what was happening,all the numbers etc. Very good way.

Texx

Super Moderator
For the crank removal yes you need a special order to undo them and a special order to tight it back on dut i dont know how to post the picture here...maybe someone can help..:p

Removal sequence:

mainbolts.png

Installation sequence:

mainbolts1.png

350ep70gr

Member +
Removal sequence:

mainbolts.png

Installation sequence:

mainbolts1.png

When i said..**...maybe someone can help..:p** You know who i had in mind..arent you? Grand info as always..Unfortunatly i need to spred the thing around before i show you my love again..:kiss: ;)

Chris

finx

Member +
man i wish i could rep u guys more
chris and texx awesome input as always, top job guys