Crankshaft Pulley

ralphy

Member +
Right guys,

I think i am gunna need to replace my crankshaft pulley seal :( so where can i buy a new seal cant find one anywhere ??

Cheers Mike

dac69er

Super Moderator
surely thats the rear main your on about mate? the other side one isnt as expensive.
you can buy a seal from a seal supplier if you know one. just measure the size and order one, will be cheaper than toyota

dac69er

Super Moderator
just on a side note. if your considering changing a few oil seals and gaskets then it can be worth buying the full toyota gasket set. its only £130. when you tally up the prices of the seals its an absolute bargain.

ralphy

Member +
Na mate no need tbh there all in good working order i think accept this one :( And yeah its side opposite gearbox (Crankshaft Pulley) its weaping :( can u buy these seals from toyota then ??

Do they hold in stock if so may go down tmoz :D

Cheers Mike

lukep

Member +
I paid £25 for the crank end seal and both driveshaft seals from toyota in bury so can't see it being anymore than £10 inc the dreaded.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
before you go changing the seal, check if oil is dripping from the dipstick tube mate, i once found oil and was going to change the seal as thats what it looked like, but after a good inspection it turned out to be the o-ring of the dipstick tube was not up for the job anymore and was leaking a bit.. oil was going all the way down just after the crankshaft pulley and dropping on the floor from there, all i did is took the dipstick tube out, cleaned the area very good, a bit of instant gasket around the o-ring and re fitted, left it overnight and drove off in the morning, after almost a year or possibly even more. no oil ;) worth checking IMO

dac69er

Super Moderator
before you go changing the seal, check if oil is dripping from the dipstick tube mate, i once found oil and was going to change the seal as thats what it looked like, but after a good inspection it turned out to be the o-ring of the dipstick tube was not up for the job anymore and was leaking a bit.. oil was going all the way down just after the crankshaft pulley and dropping on the floor from there, all i did is took the dipstick tube out, cleaned the area very good, a bit of instant gasket around the o-ring and re fitted, left it overnight and drove off in the morning, after almost a year or possibly even more. no oil ;) worth checking IMO

or replace the O ring!?!?

also check the end float on the crank. if you have excessive end float then this can cause seals to start leaking. a new seal will stop the leak 99% of the time, but it could be an early sign of the thust bearings getting worn.

you will be able to get the seal from toyota no problem. very unlikely it will be in stock though. i usually ring them first and then gop and pick the part up in a couple of days when it comes in.