external wg tial 38mm
sard FPR
Trust 60mm exhaust
FMIC
AEM wideband
greddy egt gauge
Blitz SSBC

so the boost is set to 0.75bar and the "problems" begin:

first of all, im hitting 0.75bar at 4000rpm which rly laggy for such a turbo so I wanna get some ideas of whats causing so late spoolup.

The manifold has 38mm runners, also on the oil feed of the turbo, there is a oil-bolt that i think works like a restrictor, but journal bearing turbos dont use oil restrictors right?

so could the oil pressure INSIDE the turbo can cause it to lag?
currently there is no management thou i have a wideband and an EGT gauge and with 2.9-3 bar of fuel pressure, she is running really rich 10:1, and peak 750oC on EGT. Will a management that alters the ignition maps help the turbo spool earlier?

thnx in advance

starlet666

Member +
yes and no.....

advancing the ignition down low would help it come on sooner and so would taking fuel out.... though without at least a piggy back system... ur screwed.. take fuel out and u wont have enough up high.. add ignition and u are likely to detonate the motor and grenade it...

really mate if it is a gt25 it is ball bearing.... a t25 is a bush bearing
either way 4000 with no really decent mods is acceptable.... i have a gt2860 and spent about 30 hours or more porting and polishing the ports and combustion chambers to get it to spool faster..... and still it see's 15psi @ 4300ish rpm

so its not really all that late u have to remember it is only a 1.3 litre

fastglanza

Member +
thats pretty normal for ur setup...with a proper management setup u may get it to spool a bit earlier

u cud be running even richer as the gauge will only read down to 10

Aga

Member +
restrictors on journal bearing turbos are not really necessary, however they aid spoolup. on ball bearing, if you are not using a restrictor, you will experience some power loss too. from personal experience, these things work.