Cruise valve spring users

ryan-11

Member +
Anyone run cruise valve springs? ive got a set fitted, my head seems a bit chappy, just wondering if its a bit more chappy because the springs are stiffer than standard?

ryan-11

Member +
re shimed it when i built the engine, its only done 4 miles, but ill double check them, i'll also check the cam gear tensioner.

Rory

Lifer
Were the base pressures checked? How chappy are we talking?
As said double check your clerances and the tension on the inlet cam. Did you put a 6mm bolt in before removal?

Anyone run cruise valve springs? ive got a set fitted, my head seems a bit chappy, just wondering if its a bit more chappy because the springs are stiffer than standard?

ryan-11

Member +
Yeah Agra checked the base pressures, its pretty chappy, loud enough for me not to leave it like that, yeah i put the 6mm bolt in but i had the cams in and out that many times i might of forgot to put the bolt in the last time i took the cams out.

Rory

Lifer
Its a possibility lol
As you know whipping the inlet cam out is a piece of cake and should only take an hour at most. Try that first and report back :)

BallıGee

Member +
The service hole on the inlet cam gear should line up so there would be no need to remove unless you can't put the bolt though both

ryan-11

Member +
Yeah obviously id check to see if its tensioned first, ill try and get a look tomorrow night to see whats what.