Crunching and ratlling sound! :((((

glanza2281

Member +
Hello,

I have recently fited an uprated CAP clutch cover and after a few days i`ve noticed that when i switch to 2nd gear, it kind of crunch a bit to get into 2nd. I feel that at the gear knob...it will vibrate a bit but will go in...This happens only on 2nd gear. And constantly I hear a ratlling sound coming from the gearbox. You can hear that sound only if u drive slowly else the exhaust sound will mask it.

Any idea whats going wrong in this? My mecanic tols me something about some teeth or dent being broken in a gear and that is not a prob...which i doubt.

Also how will i know if my gearbox is an LSD one? And where to buy these replacement parts if I decide to have my gerbox rebuilt?

any help much apreciated..thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
did he bleed the clutch slave cylinder after fitting the clutch?
was this constant rattle sound there before he fitted the clutch? if not then the clutch may be damaged

glanza2281

Member +
did he bleed the clutch slave cylinder after fitting the clutch?
was this constant rattle sound there before he fitted the clutch? if not then the clutch may be damaged

what u mean by bleeding? changing the oil?
No it wasnt there before. It started afer about a week after clucth was installed.
But the prod seems to be apparent to be the crunching while engaging 2nd gear...may be a synchro gone shit???
Also i`ve just notcied the rear engine mount is completely busted. can did be causing some trouble inside the gearbox??